2013 MKS Audio Volume Possessed

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

jwats

The sound system's volume will go up and/or down by itself...often way up unless I can catch it fast enough with the steering wheel control. Anyone heard of this issue and the fix?

Rongold

There's a guy on Ebay who fixes them. He did one of mine. I sent it to him on a Tuesday, and had it back the following Monday. Here's the URL of the Ebay site. I would contact him via Ebay and ask him if he ever heard of an FCIM giving volume problems. Temperature problems are common, but yours is the first volume problem that I heard of.

bbf2530

There's a guy on Ebay who fixes them. He did one of mine. I sent it to him on a Tuesday, and had it back the following Monday. Here's the URL of the Ebay site. I would contact him via Ebay and ask him if he ever heard of an FCIM giving volume problems. Temperature problems are common, but yours is the first volume problem that I heard of.

Hi Ron. Yes, along with the possessed temp setting, possessed volume issues with the MyLincolnTouch system/FCIM are also a common.

Good luck.

the.maiden

Mine is doing the opposite at present, volume goes to min on its own. Lights up on its own as well. power touch will not work. This happens intermittently. Just found my neg battery cable was not tightened to battery, so I am hopeful the whole issue stops. I have a part on order for fcim....not original so I am not sure if it will work. If it does, I will post part number and where I got it. Correction...Did have an fcim on order, I see they cancelled. They must not have had it updated in system when I ordered. The search is on again.

Now also having the phantom sunroof issue. It tilted open on its own last night, will not close, rained pretty hard. Good times!

I have to stop wondering what next!

Last edited:

jwats

Mine is doing the opposite at present, volume goes to min on its own. Lights up on its own as well. power touch will not work. This happens intermittently. Just found my neg battery cable was not tightened to battery, so I am hopeful the whole issue stops. I have a part on order for fcim....not original so I am not sure if it will work. If it does, I will post part number and where I got it. Correction...Did have an fcim on order, I see they cancelled. They must not have had it updated in system when I ordered. The search is on again.

Now also having the phantom sunroof issue. It tilted open on its own last night, will not close, rained pretty hard. Good times!

I have to stop wondering what next!
My volume does both...goes up and down. The touchpad works but lights up on its own as your does. I'm currently checking out the eBay site Rongold shared and hopefully can send my FCIM to have it fixed.

I'm pretty much a do-it-yourselfer, and for anyone else who is, here's a fairly good YouTube video that might be helpful in that regard. Replace MKS FCIM. The guy mentions up front his English isn't the best but I really am glad he posted the video.

the.maiden

Yes, I watched that very video! very informative! Just got sunroof fixed (on my own, much fun!), so now I can start driving it and see if fcim just had issues because of loose battery cable.

Casal-Cox

I checked with him and he replyed that he can't repair the ones from an MKZ. Now what?

rbeams07

The sound system's volume will go up and/or down by itself...often way up unless I can catch it fast enough with the steering wheel control. Anyone heard of this issue and the fix?
I have a 2013 that did the same but it was the blower fan. The replaced a circuit board or module in the dashboard. Fortunately, my car was still under the CPO warranty.