2013 Lincoln MKT gas octance

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I've used 87 for the last 8 years. no problems.
Have you noticed a difference if you ever put premium? I stay in Colorado and the only options for me are 85/87/91. I have been switching back and forth between 87 and 91 but not really sure if its just psychological or actually I can see it perform better. The manual does state that 365 BHP is available at 93 octane.

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
The only premium (91) I have ever had was the dealership's initial fill-up. I have used 87 (10% ethanol) since then exclusively. I have had no performance problem at all. I presently have over 71k miles on the odometer.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Thanks! I am really curious if anyone sees a decent difference in performance. I am at altitude of 5800 ft, I need all the power I can get!! I reason I got this and traded my hemiv8 chrysler was because this is still faster at this altitude!!

The only premium (91) I have ever had was the dealership's initial fill-up. I have used 87 (10% ethanol) since then exclusively. I have had no performance problem at all. I presently have over 71k miles on the odometer.

Cliff J

Hi Guys! I have been using Shell V-Power (91) in my cars for years. My Mustang G/T has never used anything but!! Main reason is that here in Canada there is NO ethanol and would expect the same in the US. I understand that it is better for the engine... but who knows!

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Hi Guys! I have been using Shell V-Power (91) in my cars for years. My Mustang G/T has never used anything but!! Main reason is that here in Canada there is NO ethanol and would expect the same in the US. I understand that it is better for the engine... but who knows!
They mention across gas stations in US stating "MAY CONTAIN UPTO 10% ETHANOL" and multiple studies have shown SHELL vs REGULAR gas stations have not had that much difference in the ETHANOL content

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
It's impossible to find 100% gas in my area. One major chain (based in my city) is notorious for using a higher-than-legal ethanol content. They get away with it because of padding the pockets of politicians.

A friend of mine devised a test to find ethanol content. He tested gas from two different locations, and found one was 14% and the other was 17%, both from pumps claiming "UP TO" 10%. I refuse to buy gas from that company, as I know they also buy the cheapest fuels possible, and load it full of ethanol and junk additives.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Bucees is ethanol free. What gas station was it? Please share name so we can also boycott it.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Yeah, let us know the the gas stations name, maybe leave it on for a week deleting the post incase you are worried about anything ? Help fellow MKT owners
Haha. I'm not worried about bashing Sheetz. I do it right on their Facebook page. Well, at least I did. They may have blocked me. I haven't checked in quite a while.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Haha. I'm not worried about bashing Sheetz. I do it right on their Facebook page. Well, at least I did. They may have blocked me. I haven't checked in quite a while.
Lol.. well I still don't need to be worried. The company does not have any stations in Colorado. But something to keep in mind when travelling that side. Thanks!

I am still waiting on someone's reply to know if they have seen any difference between the premium and regular grade on their EcoBoost mkt. I am more worried about engine carbon building up and also losing to an unassuming golf gti or a 5.7 hemi engine..

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Lol.. well I still don't need to be worried. The company does not have any stations in Colorado. But something to keep in mind when travelling that side. Thanks!

I am still waiting on someone's reply to know if they have seen any difference between the premium and regular grade on their EcoBoost mkt. I am more worried about engine carbon building up and also losing to an unassuming golf gti or a 5.7 hemi engine..
I have ecoboost and use regular gas per my owner's manual.

whatsupdoc

For me there is a *slight* performance gain if using Premium gas but IMHO it's not worth paying the extra $$$ for it - in some places the cost difference is minimal (then it would be worth it).

btw I've been to Colorado where there's Kum and Go gas stations LOL

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
For me there is a *slight* performance gain if using Premium gas but IMHO it's not worth paying the extra $$$ for it - in some places the cost difference is minimal (then it would be worth it).

btw I've been to Colorado where there's Kum and Go gas stations LOL
Lol, yeah there are those stations, I dont use them, actually dont stay near anyone of them, they are mostly on Interstates. I dont mind a the offset as I have 85/87/91 OCTANE. Hence, I have only 2 choices, 87 or 91, for me its just 1 step jump which is still about 20 cents/gallon. But I dont know if its going to help noticeably or not. I have not been able to tell much between 87 and 91. Its just too psycological I guess.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I just filled up with a tank of 93 yesterday. We'll see if anything seems different through the course of this tank. I can usually get 93 for about 40¢ more per gallon than 87 at Sam's Club, while Sheetz has made every other station bump the spread to at least 60¢ from 87 to 91/93 due to their market manipulation.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML