2013 Lincoln MKS Audio issues-solved?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

tedo

2013 MKX radio does what it wants. Turn on, turns off while driving. At times can't even shut it off like the on/off button does not respond. Often with the car totally shut off I would come to it in the morning with the radio playing or out shopping the radio playing after I come back. Once while putting in gas it came on prompting the attended to ask me if the car was on. The dealer is no help. They done an analysis on separate occasions just stating "we can't duplicate it". Any advice?

G-509998

I have a thx certified audio system. I didn't drive the car for 3 months because I was so pissed that my front speakers would stop working, and only occasionally actually work! I took it in for service, and they reflashed the sync (to the tune of $100), drove car home, and problem starts again as I pull up to the driveway. There wasn't a lot of information out there on this particular issue, but I did find that others with different audio issues had results with replacing the amp (aka: audio control module). I wasn't about to take it back to the inept dealership, who couldn't even communicate the problem to the service technician. I wasn't about to spend near $600 for a new "audio control module" either. I did, however find a used one for a fraction of the cost, mind you, it was the original part number for the 2013, not the "new" part number Ford lists. It was so simple to change out, pull the trunk lining from the drivers side of the trunk back (a couple of plastic "nuts" may be holding it in place), four bolts (I just loosened the bottom 2, and pulled out the top 2 so the amp would sit into position, it has slots for the bolts, not holes), and disconnect 3 wire harnesses. Please note, the bolts are 9mm I believe (not fun when 90% of the hubby's tools are standard!). I used a ratchet with extension so I wouldn't have to pull the lining out more. I drove it around for a day, beautiful sound, no issues, and a 90 day warranty on the amp, with a savings of at least $600 for part and "service". I am miffed that the issue happened at all, but I am elated that my hunch paid off. I don't drive it much since I have to drive some pretty shady streets constantly for work, and my old car gets better gas mileage (the nature of the AWD beast I guess). But, I sure do appreciate it for cruising on the weekends! If this problem crops up again, I will update.
Can you post that part number or where to order one

G-437008

I have a 2013 lincoln mkz. There's no sound at all I check the fuse box. And thats not it . Fm and am don't work at all I mean there is no sound at all I can't even make a call or use me Navigation at all

Granpa6x

2013 MKX radio does what it wants. Turn on, turns off while driving. At times can't even shut it off like the on/off button does not respond. Often with the car totally shut off I would come to it in the morning with the radio playing or out shopping the radio playing after I come back. Once while putting in gas it came on prompting the attended to ask me if the car was on. The dealer is no help. They done an analysis on separate occasions just stating "we can't duplicate it". Any advice?
I had a volume problem with my 13 mkx. It would just increase on its own every time i turned left. Dealer had no clue one day i slid my finger back and forth across the volume slider about 10 times and it has never happened again

G-293880

I have a thx certified audio system. I didn't drive the car for 3 months because I was so pissed that my front speakers would stop working, and only occasionally actually work! I took it in for service, and they reflashed the sync (to the tune of $100), drove car home, and problem starts again as I pull up to the driveway. There wasn't a lot of information out there on this particular issue, but I did find that others with different audio issues had results with replacing the amp (aka: audio control module). I wasn't about to take it back to the inept dealership, who couldn't even communicate the problem to the service technician. I wasn't about to spend near $600 for a new "audio control module" either. I did, however find a used one for a fraction of the cost, mind you, it was the original part number for the 2013, not the "new" part number Ford lists. It was so simple to change out, pull the trunk lining from the drivers side of the trunk back (a couple of plastic "nuts" may be holding it in place), four bolts (I just loosened the bottom 2, and pulled out the top 2 so the amp would sit into position, it has slots for the bolts, not holes), and disconnect 3 wire harnesses. Please note, the bolts are 9mm I believe (not fun when 90% of the hubby's tools are standard!). I used a ratchet with extension so I wouldn't have to pull the lining out more. I drove it around for a day, beautiful sound, no issues, and a 90 day warranty on the amp, with a savings of at least $600 for part and "service". I am miffed that the issue happened at all, but I am elated that my hunch paid off. I don't drive it much since I have to drive some pretty shady streets constantly for work, and my old car gets better gas mileage (the nature of the AWD beast I guess). But, I sure do appreciate it for cruising on the weekends! If this problem crops up again, I will update.
Sound like they My lindo of problem, they radio on My Lincoln MKS 2009 has no sound . Screen on , on sight switching from on ando off , and from task yo te task , bit Even a No audio" note on they display , I hasn't Taken to the dealirship shop yet, and I don't think I would ver Will. I 'll rey what You find with the amp, instead. Thanks u for the sharing.

G-31524

Congrats maiden; it’s always fun to out think the “experts”! Can you share the part number and where you got the part?

Thanks!
My wife's car is doing the same, thing where did you find your amp replacement

LardWaltson

I noticed the second time I went to check on the amp in the trunk it was hot/warm to the touch. I unplugged it for about 24 hours and replugged it in and it's been playing music and audio for about a week now. I'd imagine the amp is on its last leg, but it seems like a temporary fix. It worked for me atleast. No idea why

the.maiden

I did have to replace the amp a second time, but has worked well since. I got rear ended 2 months ago, and found out that a shoddy, under the table repair job had been done on a previous rear damage incident (did not show on carfax when I bought it, so this was all done with no reports or paperwork). I have a suspicion that the electronics were affected by this, as first I had to have fcim replaced a year into ownership, and then after another year, another module went out and caused EVERYTHING to go crazy (hvac, radio, no key detected, no cross traffic detection, etc.). Now my fcim is going wonky again just a few weeks after getting the car back. I apologize for not keeping up on this thread, really didn't think this many mks owners would have this issue.

For all asking, I just got my used amps off of ebay.

I now have an fcim on order, but it has a slightly different part number than the one listed for the 2013....I will update if it works since mine is discontinued now, seems to be made of unobtanium.

Yes, the fcim is the reason for sound going down and up on it's own, and the power touch button won't work. That is my current problem.

I will look for my amp part number too. If this slightly easier to obtain fcim works for me, I will post the part number for that as well.

I think this was the part number for the amp....but I can't be sure as I ordered it so long ago, ebay doesn't keep order info for that many years...

DA5T-18B849-AE

Last edited:

Davehasmore

I got a 13 mkx the amp is a da5t- 18b849-ae. I ordered a new one and they sent me out an aa5t-18b849-ae and it didn't work. It seem the power didn't work on it. But the 3 harnesses were compatible. Anybody know if that is my problem. Mine is a 14 channel ford and the other one said it's a thx4 audio amplifier.. are they not compatible?

the.maiden

I think that would be the problem, Dave. If you have THX, you need the amp made for a THX system. I tried another amp, different part number for the 14 channel like you (only opposite, I needed thx, not 14 channel) and it did not work even though it hooked up well.

jonhuntley1326

I have a issue with the amp. Popping noises and static and now down to sound from only one speaker. It has a model number as da5t-18t806-ae but cant find another of the exact same.

the.maiden

Hey, Dave! I just checked the 14 channel amp I had ordered that wouldn't work for my vehicle...mine thx, not 14 channel. I have the amp you need...DA5T-18B849-AE. message me if you want it.

Last edited:

smazze

Hey, Dave! I just checked the 14 channel amp I had ordered that wouldn't work for my vehicle...mine thx, not 14 channel. I have the amp you need...DA5T-18B849-AE. message me if you want it.
I'm pretty sure that's the number of the Amp I need for my '13 MKS with the THX. I don't know how to direct message, but let me know if you still have it