2013 Lincoln MKS Audio issues-solved?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

the.maiden

I have a thx certified audio system. I didn't drive the car for 3 months because I was so pissed that my front speakers would stop working, and only occasionally actually work! I took it in for service, and they reflashed the sync (to the tune of $100), drove car home, and problem starts again as I pull up to the driveway. There wasn't a lot of information out there on this particular issue, but I did find that others with different audio issues had results with replacing the amp (aka: audio control module). I wasn't about to take it back to the inept dealership, who couldn't even communicate the problem to the service technician. I wasn't about to spend near $600 for a new "audio control module" either. I did, however find a used one for a fraction of the cost, mind you, it was the original part number for the 2013, not the "new" part number Ford lists. It was so simple to change out, pull the trunk lining from the drivers side of the trunk back (a couple of plastic "nuts" may be holding it in place), four bolts (I just loosened the bottom 2, and pulled out the top 2 so the amp would sit into position, it has slots for the bolts, not holes), and disconnect 3 wire harnesses. Please note, the bolts are 9mm I believe (not fun when 90% of the hubby's tools are standard!). I used a ratchet with extension so I wouldn't have to pull the lining out more. I drove it around for a day, beautiful sound, no issues, and a 90 day warranty on the amp, with a savings of at least $600 for part and "service". I am miffed that the issue happened at all, but I am elated that my hunch paid off. I don't drive it much since I have to drive some pretty shady streets constantly for work, and my old car gets better gas mileage (the nature of the AWD beast I guess). But, I sure do appreciate it for cruising on the weekends! If this problem crops up again, I will update.

czcarriere

I have a thx certified audio system. I didn't drive the car for 3 months because I was so pissed that my front speakers would stop working, and only occasionally actually work! I took it in for service, and they reflashed the sync (to the tune of $100), drove car home, and problem starts again as I pull up to the driveway. There wasn't a lot of information out there on this particular issue, but I did find that others with different audio issues had results with replacing the amp (aka: audio control module). I wasn't about to take it back to the inept dealership, who couldn't even communicate the problem to the service technician. I wasn't about to spend near $600 for a new "audio control module" either. I did, however find a used one for a fraction of the cost, mind you, it was the original part number for the 2013, not the "new" part number Ford lists. It was so simple to change out, pull the trunk lining from the drivers side of the trunk back (a couple of plastic "nuts" may be holding it in place), four bolts (I just loosened the bottom 2, and pulled out the top 2 so the amp would sit into position, it has slots for the bolts, not holes), and disconnect 3 wire harnesses. Please note, the bolts are 9mm I believe (not fun when 90% of the hubby's tools are standard!). I used a ratchet with extension so I wouldn't have to pull the lining out more. I drove it around for a day, beautiful sound, no issues, and a 90 day warranty on the amp, with a savings of at least $600 for part and "service". I am miffed that the issue happened at all, but I am elated that my hunch paid off. I don't drive it much since I have to drive some pretty shady streets constantly for work, and my old car gets better gas mileage (the nature of the AWD beast I guess). But, I sure do appreciate it for cruising on the weekends! If this problem crops up again, I will update.
Congrats maiden; it’s always fun to out think the “experts”! Can you share the part number and where you got the part?

Thanks!

hammarlund

wish I could have found a used one, nothing on eBay at the time. Having the exact part number, including the suffix, let's you drop in the amp without having to program the car to accept it.

the.maiden

Sorry, I don't get on here very often. The part number I ordered was DA5T-18B849-AE

G-861062

Anyone has the problem of the audio system turning off and on at will. This morning it was playing on its own. While driving it will turn off and needs to be put back on or it will turn on with no manipulation by me.

John Sheuring

Interesting, I have a THX that works sometimes when you turn the car on and other times, no sound. I am beginning to think that "the.maiden" may have hit on something. That it is the amp in the trunk. I will look into this and see if I can replace the amp as well. Thank you the.maiden for the information. My only question is where did you purchase your amp?

Ted O

Anyone has the problem of the audio system turning off and on at will. This morning it was playing on its own. While driving it will turn off and needs to be put back on or it will turn on with no manipulation by me.

what year and model

Sulldogg

Maiden,
I had same problem. Your advice was a game changer. I ordered a used amp and put it in myself for a total of $96.58. It’s like new. My original part was: DA5T-18B849-AE. I couldn’t find it but found DA5T-18B849-AD on eBay from Ecco-green-autoparts, they assured me it would be compatible. They were right. I believe your post saved me $500 clams. I am grateful and hope this helps others. I used an 8 mm socket to remove and install the amp.

Sulldogg

lewmearns

Thanks will try that

lewmearns

I took the ANC Microphone out and still have the noise in the speakers and the center speaker goes and then all the speakers go and the volume goes high and then low. Could it be a short as when you go over a bump it seems to go on and off! Thanks

lewmearns

I replaced the Amp and I improved the sound a bit but it still crackling and the sound cutting it in and out! It seems to be effective with the Bluetooth and same as when you back up the sound goes down but continues when driving?
Ant suggestions!

lewmearns

Maiden,
I had same problem. Your advice was a game changer. I ordered a used amp and put it in myself for a total of $96.58. It’s like new. My original part was: DA5T-18B849-AE. I couldn’t find it but found DA5T-18B849-AD on eBay from Ecco-green-autoparts, they assured me it would be compatible. They were right. I believe your post saved me $500 clams. I am grateful and hope this helps others. I used an 8 mm socket to remove and install the amp.
I bought the amp and the sound is a little better but the sound goes up and down still

Tom1010

Such great info! So I have a 13 MKZ when all of the sudden only the front center speaker works and mild bae from the 2 rear shelf speakers. I assume it to would be the amplifier? Got a different one today though. I am getting a code lower left side of the screen that says "satellight antenna fault" I'm reading in other forums it may be the Audio Control Modual?

RPM371

My 2014 MKS keeps randomly increasing the volume. I have the auto-level turned off. I can see the light on the touchpanel (not screen) come on all by itself then it starts increasing the volume. I'm thinking it's a physical problem with whatever switch is embedded in that panel. Anyone have this problem or the solution?