Lincoln Forums Navigation:

2013 Lincoln MKS 3.7L AWD 68k miles hard shift 2nd & 3rd

jamesk8272

Thread starter #1
Greetings! New to the group. I just purchased a Lincoln MKS AWD 2013 3.7L 68k miles and I am already experiencing hard shifting. The factory warranty is up in 1300 miles. I brought the car to the dealer twice and they flashed the transmission and added 1/4 quart to the trans. This has not fixed anything? Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do. I was told no way to replace certain gears in the trans. they would need to replace the entire transmission. Also, why would they ever put in a lifetime filter in these? I am worried the trans will end up going right after warranty is up. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

4n1m4l

the transmission they put in the mks and mkz has a known issue with the solenoid that handles 2/3 shifts at too hard a pressure. Some fix it by changing shift pressures, but thats a whole map of values, and its up to your judgement if the transmission is going to fail because of your modification. I live with it. Both my current MKS and my past MKZ have it and the MKS its a lot less noticable.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML