2012 MKZ radio problem

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

rjmconsulting

my 2012 MKZ has a problem with the radio Randomly loud pops, hissing and static comes blaring out of speakers, regardless of whether the radio is on or off, whether the mobile phone is being used or not, and whether the car is on or off! Craziness. Then while the radio is on, the sound (music or just talking) will convert from a full sound to a hollow sound. I'm afraid my speakers are getting blown up because of this. I know my speakers weren't blown out first, because the volume is never very loud. I hate to take to the dealer, as I'm sure it will cost an arm and leg, but probably have no choice. Anyone else experience this and know the fix?

G-575461

my 2012 MKZ has a problem with the radio Randomly loud pops, hissing and static comes blaring out of speakers, regardless of whether the radio is on or off, whether the mobile phone is being used or not, and whether the car is on or off! Craziness. Then while the radio is on, the sound (music or just talking) will convert from a full sound to a hollow sound. I'm afraid my speakers are getting blown up because of this. I know my speakers weren't blown out first, because the volume is never very loud. I hate to take to the dealer, as I'm sure it will cost an arm and leg, but probably have no choice. Anyone else experience this and know the fix?
Did you get your repair? What was the issue and solution?

deli_159

I'm having the same issue on my 2012 MKZ

G-681968

My 2013 Lincoln MKZ radio just went black in the middle of a update, and never came back on.

enigma-2

This is old thread and I doubt you will get an answer. It's (unfortunately a common problem with this generation).

Fix is to buy a replacement ACU off ebay.

Multitask

Los Angeles, Calif
Regardless of anything , have a pro look at it , tell you what it needs and costs... and if you can do it yourself... or pay them to do it.... that is the bottom line.

OHNOpleasehelp

Sounds like you need a replacement amp. Do you have the std amp or the THX?
I have a 2012 MKX I get a loud thumping sound that comes out of a speaker. The music plays out of the speak for a little while then the music stop playing after a little while. Is this because I need a new amp? I have a THX