2012 MKZ radio problem

rjmconsulting

my 2012 MKZ has a problem with the radio Randomly loud pops, hissing and static comes blaring out of speakers, regardless of whether the radio is on or off, whether the mobile phone is being used or not, and whether the car is on or off! Craziness. Then while the radio is on, the sound (music or just talking) will convert from a full sound to a hollow sound. I'm afraid my speakers are getting blown up because of this. I know my speakers weren't blown out first, because the volume is never very loud. I hate to take to the dealer, as I'm sure it will cost an arm and leg, but probably have no choice. Anyone else experience this and know the fix?

G-575461

my 2012 MKZ has a problem with the radio Randomly loud pops, hissing and static comes blaring out of speakers, regardless of whether the radio is on or off, whether the mobile phone is being used or not, and whether the car is on or off! Craziness. Then while the radio is on, the sound (music or just talking) will convert from a full sound to a hollow sound. I'm afraid my speakers are getting blown up because of this. I know my speakers weren't blown out first, because the volume is never very loud. I hate to take to the dealer, as I'm sure it will cost an arm and leg, but probably have no choice. Anyone else experience this and know the fix?
Did you get your repair? What was the issue and solution?