2012 MKZ (non-nav) add CarPlay?

DPolsk

Hi I just bought my first Lincoln, a 2012 MKZ. It is the one that does NOT have the built in Nav. I’m having a really hard time finding a product with instructions on how to add in my own TouchScreen CarPlay wireless system. Surely it’s possible? What is the best and most affordable way to do this? EE845E56-281D-4133-B688-FEFEC2F0ED45.jpeg

bbf2530

Hi I just bought my first Lincoln, a 2012 MKZ. It is the one that does NOT have the built in Nav. I’m having a really hard time finding a product with instructions on how to add in my own TouchScreen CarPlay wireless system. Surely it’s possible? What is the best and most affordable way to do this?

Hi DPolsk. Wireless CarPlay was not available in the MKZ at least through the 2019 model year. And possibly not at all through the end of production.

Therefore, you would need to find an aftermarket solution. Your best bet may be to contact Crutchfield and see if they have any suggestions/solutions that would be good for you. Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV

Let us know how you make out and good luck

DPolsk

Hi DPolsk. Wireless CarPlay was not available in the MKZ at least through the 2019 model year. And possibly not at all through the end of production.

Therefore, you would need to find an aftermarket solution. Your best bet may be to contact Crutchfield and see if they have any suggestions/solutions that would be good for you. Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV

Let us know how you make out and good luck
Hi, yes, I assumed I need an after market solution. That is what I’m struggling to find. Crutchfield has one out of stock option that is a flip up. There has got to be a solution that is a fixed screen that looks similar to the optional nav system, I’m hoping someone has already done an aftermarket conversion and can give me some direction.

Multitask

As a guess, I really doubt you will find 'wireless' for that setup... 3rd party units will work with some effort... Kenwood, Alpine...etc...
I put a Pioneer in the 2012 Fusion I had, and wot worked well.. (til it was totaled)