2011 Navigator SYNC "unable to connect"

daniel77

Hello,

I have had an intermittent issue with the media not being able to connect via bluetooth... in the last few months when it has happened, I ultimately have resolved the problem by pulling the fuse and essentially doing a reset. That however, does not seem to be working now. I have tried deleting all devices (we have 6 phones that are consistently loaded), adding them back, conducting a master reset... nothing seems to help. I contacted Lincoln's concierge line and was told that an update may be needed and that is where it's suspected my issue is coming from (my vehicle is running on 3.smthg and there apparently is a 4.2 update). I was told that if an online update shows for my vehicle, to download it off of the owners.lincoln.com site, because it may be costly at a dealership. I am fairly tech savvy and was elated to find the update downloadable; however, I am unable to access the download (according to the site) because I cannot first obtain a "vehicle health report" which seems to be no longer a valid function/program. I called my local dealership and was quoted ~$170 to do a SYNC update, but told it may or may not fix the problem. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of shelling out that kind of money for something that Lincoln advertises for free; I am not sure what else to do though. Does anyone know of an alternative solution?

daniel77

Hello,

I have had an intermittent issue with the media not being able to connect via bluetooth... in the last few months when it has happened, I ultimately have resolved the problem by pulling the fuse and essentially doing a reset. That however, does not seem to be working now. I have tried deleting all devices (we have 6 phones that are consistently loaded), adding them back, conducting a master reset... nothing seems to help. I contacted Lincoln's concierge line and was told that an update may be needed and that is where it's suspected my issue is coming from (my vehicle is running on 3.smthg and there apparently is a 4.2 update). I was told that if an online update shows for my vehicle, to download it off of the owners.lincoln.com site, because it may be costly at a dealership. I am fairly tech savvy and was elated to find the update downloadable; however, I am unable to access the download (according to the site) because I cannot first obtain a "vehicle health report" which seems to be no longer a valid function/program. I called my local dealership and was quoted ~$170 to do a SYNC update, but told it may or may not fix the problem. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of shelling out that kind of money for something that Lincoln advertises for free; I am not sure what else to do though. Does anyone know of an alternative solution? SHAREit
ANy Updates????

kkriskal

I think if you have a lincoln owner account online with the VIN number, it will give you an option to view any available updates which you can download, follow the steps and install it yourself.

HTML