2011 MKX Oil pressure sensor

Thread starter #1
I'v had no luck in locating the oil pressure sensor on my car and I need to replace it. I'm guessing it may be located above the oil filter, which I'd have to remove to get to it. Before I do that I wanted to check here to see if anyone can confirm it's location. Thank you

Thread starter #3

pholahan

If anyone else is looking for the oil pressure sensor, it is located on the passenger side of the oil filter housing, not on the housing itself. You must remove the filter to get at the switch and even then it is a very confined space...enough for one hand only. I used an angled pick to remove the clip and then, after trying several combinations of extensions and universals, I ended up using a 3" extension and turned it with a small vice grip plier. I hit it with penetrating oil first and gave it time to soak. I absolutely could find no information on the internet regarding this, so I hope this helps anyone who needs to replace the sensor.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML