2010 MKZ interior trim and radio feature question

McCroskey

Hi guys, couple questions about my 2010 MKZ.

1. The brushed aluminum trim piece on my console is all banged up from prior owner wearing a big key ring. What other years of MKZ are interchangeable with 2010 for this?

2. The car seems to have a feature where the sound from the radio increases under acceleration, I'm assuming to account for road noise. Road noise is minimal and this featue has annoyed me since I bought the car. Is there a way to disable it? I haven't been able to find a way.

Greg

bbf2530

Hi guys, couple questions about my 2010 MKZ.

1. The brushed aluminum trim piece on my console is all banged up from prior owner wearing a big key ring. What other years of MKZ are interchangeable with 2010 for this?

2. The car seems to have a feature where the sound from the radio increases under acceleration, I'm assuming to account for road noise. Road noise is minimal and this featue has annoyed me since I bought the car. Is there a way to disable it? I haven't been able to find a way.

Greg

Hi Greg.

1- Parts are interchangeable for the 2010-2012 model years. However I am not sure which years had brushed aluminum available. Could be all, I am just not sure.

Yes, the audio system has speed compensated volume. You can find how to adjust/disable/enable in your Owners Manual. If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Good luck.

McCroskey

Thanks! I checked the manual but couldn't find it... eyesight isn't that great. I'll have to have another look. Good to know I'm interchangeable through 2012 on the trim, now just have to go to the junkyard and compare bits.

bbf2530

Thanks! I checked the manual but couldn't find it... eyesight isn't that great. I'll have to have another look. Good to know I'm interchangeable through 2012 on the trim, now just have to go to the junkyard and compare bits.

Hi Greg. Programming instructions/adjustments for the Speed Compensated Volume are explained on page 36 of the PDF version of the Owners Manual (3rd printing).

Good luck.