• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2010 lincoln MKT 3.5 eco

vdsvin

Anyone have any ideas where i can go from here.... Back working on it again... took out fuel pump assembly and tested new and old sending unit and both do work with ohm meter readings so the sending units are fine...P2068 Fuel Level Sensor B Circuit High Input reading said if IPC gas guage on power up goes from fuel to empty means we have a good ground check and mine does that... Shows 1/2 tank but scan tools says 87%... Hoping some of you could lead me off in more testing direction

vdsvin

never mind I was put in the right direction
FYI - the tank has two sending unit since it uses a saddle tank. One on the passengers side, one on the driver's side.

Pass side is where the fuel pump is per the picture shown above. Sometime in 2010 they seem to have deleted the access hole on the driver's side floor but the kept the carpet cutout and the wooden cover as showm. I found that one out the hard way I had a sending unit fail as there was no sheet metal hole on the driver's side for me. I had to pull the tank to get at it (and the exhaust and the driveshaft to get at it).

If you live in the rust belt, the retainer ring that holds everything together is a huge PIA to remove. I had a hard time with the correct tool and out of the vehicle. It would not be easy in vehicle.

HTML