• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2009 Lincoln MKS

Bobbyg_72

Hello, my 09 MKS passenger headlight just came on by itself... Car has been setting all night with no activity, then bam the light comes on and I can't get it to go out unless I unhook the battery... Any help is appreciated 😊

kdschlosser

Smart Junction Box (SJB) aka Alarm Module aka Body Control Module (BCM) aka Fuse panel.

check your sunroof drain tubes they could be clogged and water is overflowing the gutter on the sunroof running down the drivers side A pillar and giving the SJB a bath.

Open sunroof, look at the front corners of the gutter (pan that is around the edge of the sunroof opening) you should see a hole on either side. An air compressor works well for this. put on an air nozzle and blow air down the tube.. only a couple of PSI. this will clear any debris in the drain tubing you can check if anything was in the tube by looking under the front of the car when you are done. If there was something in the drivers side tube then you will most likely need to replace the SJB

kdschlosser

make sure you cover your hand the nozzle and the general area with a bath towel. you can have crap come back at you from inside of the tube. especially if it is filled up with water. You do not want the crap all over your headliner and interior.

HTML