2008 Presidential Town Sedan...

yrsbaby

South Carolina
I purchased this Signature Limited with the dealer optioned Presidential Town Sedan upgrade. This upgrade simply provided for the vinyl roof, chrome package w/chrome wheels and badging. All other options standard for the Sig limited with heated seat option. Car had 46k on it and came with the standard issues, leaks! Fixed them with no issues, and so far have done the following:

Fixed all leaks and completely sealed to avoid future issues, installed new screws to hold fascia in place..DO NOT FORGET TO SEAL HOOD CABLE THROUGH HOLE

Enabled DRL's with Forscan...remember...they only come on AFTER putting into drive...was a duh moment for a couple days

Upgraded radio with a Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX, enabled parking brake by-pass, ran XM and GPS antennas to rear deck...works flawlessly keeping steering wheel controls using Crutchfield harness'...future installs will be cameras...unit already set up for install

Upgraded all lights to LED using Diode Dynamics equipment, installed shunts to avoid hyper flash issue and attached to frame to dissipate heat

Installed third brake light flashing option

Car now to my satisfaction, looking forward to years of enjoyment in the last of the big cruisers...wising I still had my '73 tho...

yrsbaby

South Carolina
Pictures? Where exactly did you attach the load resisters?
Will get some up (pics) when rain stops,,,

I installed the resistors on the top frame under the front fascia, had to remove anyway to get to light assemblies, using #6 self tapping metal screws...had to extend wires to reach lighting harness...rear resistors fit nicely on frame behind light assembly when removed...NOTE: on rear lights you will need resistors on both bulbs each side...also remember the resistors are in parallel, basically a shunt. I only removed insulation around harness wires, did not cut, and soldered everything. Only the signal bulbs in front required resistors.

Koach

I tried plug-n-play resistors for the first time in 2017 and after multiple failures/replacements (pickup truck and mounted to metal) I tossed them. After getting an F150 I used Forscan to enable...much better option. I initially installed LED's all the way around on my 2006 TC hoping that I could the same with Forscan, but no such luck and removed the flasher bulbs to avoid the load resistor fiasco.
Good luck and hope they work out for you.

yrsbaby

South Carolina
I tried plug-n-play resistors for the first time in 2017 and after multiple failures/replacements (pickup truck and mounted to metal) I tossed them. After getting an F150 I used Forscan to enable...much better option. I initially installed LED's all the way around on my 2006 TC hoping that I could the same with Forscan, but no such luck and removed the flasher bulbs to avoid the load resistor fiasco.
Good luck and hope they work out for you.
Working great...don't know why you had that problem...first guess would be the circuit not being parallel, second would be the resistor wattage insufficient. With Forscan the older lighting modules were not equipped with programming the flasher option, that came in 2014 I think due to manufacturers using LED's on some models, easier to use same module that not.

Koach

Perhaps crappy parts but I figured being plug and play that they’d be of some quality. I can’t remember the wattage, 50w, but after the first set failed they sent the improved doubled up (parallel) version which was the same wattage for each individual times two. I gave up and with the TC just used regular in the flashers...

yrsbaby

South Carolina
Perhaps crappy parts but I figured being plug and play that they’d be of some quality. I can’t remember the wattage, 50w, but after the first set failed they sent the improved doubled up (parallel) version which was the same wattage for each individual times two. I gave up and with the TC just used regular in the flashers...
I can vouch for Diode Dynamics parts, that is what I used with zero problems...just remember you need 4 resistors for rear lights.

yrsbaby

South Carolina
Early pics...interior Pioneer system and resistor placement coming

Attachments

• 20210125_124103.jpg
    20210125_124103.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210125_124112.jpg
    20210125_124112.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 10