Lincoln Forums Navigation:

2008 Lincoln Navigator L Gas Gauge help

rpowell01

Need some help from Automotive gurus out there, mainly FORD gurus. I have a 2008 Lincoln Navigator L and about two months ago I was going down the road and all of a sudden the gas gauge went to Empty and it is stuck there. Today I replaced the fuel pump and sender unit in the tank, installed the tank back up and still its doing the same thing. I thought for sure it was the sender unit giving me problems. A few minutes ago I check the old fuel pump sender unit with a meter and I am getting UP and DOWN resistance as I raise and lower the arm. So there is nothing wrong with the sender unit. I got online and been reading that FORDS have what is called a Anti-Slosh Module behind the cluster. So, I take out the cluster panel, there is NO ANTI-SLOSH module in these Navigators or at least I can tell because there is no module on the cluster panel. So I went ahead and ordered a used cluster panel a few minutes ago because I accidentally broke the plastic piece on mine. I will know if its the gauge itself once I get the used panel in the mail. Also the LCD panel shows ---- miles to empty and I cannot change it, it will not let me change anything on the LCD panel because its stuck on ---- miles to empty. So I am asking any FORD guru is they may know what would cause the gas gauge to be stuck on empty like this? I am at the point I am lost because myself and my brother in-law figures if it was a ground the fuel pump would not be working as they should be on the same ground. Any help is appreciated...

rpowell01

Well it was the ground at the Solenoid Unit plug!!! How does a ground go out? This does not make any sense whatsoever, the only way a ground can go out that I can think of is 1. Wire Breaking, 2. RUST on the ground bolt...

Anybody ever had this issue? I just connected a new ground on the mounting strap bolt on the gas tank. I am going to find that ground in the future, the wires connect to a main harness going from back of vehicle to the front, I'm think in the motor compartment. Anyway I'm going to find that joker and see whats up...

I've read FORDS have this issue!!! Thank you to the engineer who designs these vehicles...But I cannot complain, this is the first thing that has been an issue and the vehicle being 10 years old I guess that good...Other than normal batter issues every 4-6 years its been good to us. 110k miles they say is just a break in on these motors so hopefully I can get another 200k out of it..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML