2008 Lincoln MKZ Transmisson Whine and loud idle

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

delorean012

2008 Lincoln MKZ Transmisson Whine and loud idle....I can recreate this everytime I drive.....when in park car is 100% perfect, shift into D with foot on the brake and car vibrates and sounds much louder. Then when driving theres a whine that lasts up until 3rd gear. The shifting also feels a bit rough. I also notice that at idle if I put in neutral everyone is perfect as well as reverse has no problems. Any ideas where to start?

Donya Brannon

2008 Lincoln MKZ Transmisson Whine and loud idle....I can recreate this everytime I drive.....when in park car is 100% perfect, shift into D with foot on the brake and car vibrates and sounds much louder. Then when driving theres a whine that lasts up until 3rd gear. The shifting also feels a bit rough. I also notice that at idle if I put in neutral everyone is perfect as well as reverse has no problems. Any ideas where to start?
Motor mounts I'm having same problem, looked & broken motor mount

FuzzelFox

Is it kind of a whirring noise that gets higher pitched as speed increases? If it's an AWD MKZ then it's possible the carrier bearings on the driveshaft are going bad. My 07 did the same thing and it drove for a few years with the noise just fine. Hard acceleration from a low speed could get the driveshaft to thunk and judder. Eventually it had enough and started banging like Thor was slamming the underside of the car. It was still driveable though. To get the thunk to stop just had to stop the car, back up a few feet, then continue on.