2007 TOWN CAR ELECTRIC RADITOR FAN .

JJ SMNOW

2007 Lincoln towncar signature 29,542 orig miles, yes that is the correct miles.
Electric radiator fan would not come on even with ac on, connected fan directly to battery it worked.
Replaced radiator fan module and now it works like it should.
Read various pros and cons on also replacing the fan when you replace the radiator fan module.
Do I need to? If it aint broke don't fixit ,or should I?
Is there a reason why you should replace both at the same time?
Also if radiator fan module goes again, can I just connect the fan to the battery to get me home or is that a no no?
How I miss the simple reliable belt driven declutching fans easy to fix, cheap and easy to diagnose.
Pure greed on the car makers to put this unreliable expensive junk in cars.
Been repairing my own cars for 55 years.
Thank You for any answers to those who have been through this madness.

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
2007 Lincoln towncar signature 29,542 orig miles, yes that is the correct miles.
Electric radiator fan would not come on even with ac on, connected fan directly to battery it worked.
Replaced radiator fan module and now it works like it should.
Read various pros and cons on also replacing the fan when you replace the radiator fan module.
Do I need to? If it aint broke don't fixit ,or should I?
Is there a reason why you should replace both at the same time?
Also if radiator fan module goes again, can I just connect the fan to the battery to get me home or is that a no no?
How I miss the simple reliable belt driven declutching fans easy to fix, cheap and easy to diagnose.
Pure greed on the car makers to put this unreliable expensive junk in cars.
Been repairing my own cars for 55 years.
Thank You for any answers to those who have been through this madness.
I can only speak from my own experience but the reason I replaced both the fan and module at the same time was because they typically sell them together. You can buy the module separately but its around the same price as the cheap brand of the fan+module combo.

That said... If either of them go out on me again, I will look to get a better quality replace, I was in a bit of a bind when I replaced it the first time so cheap had to get it done.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
After 5 or 6 years on a couple Town Car forums, I don't see the electric fans going out that often. Having said that, at around 170K the fan shroud on my '03 cracked and the blades started hitting it making a racket, so I replaced the fan assembly.

JJ SMNOW

I can only speak from my own experience but the reason I replaced both the fan and module at the same time was because they typically sell them together. You can buy the module separately but its around the same price as the cheap brand of the fan+module combo.

That said... If either of them go out on me again, I will look to get a better quality replace, I was in a bit of a bind when I replaced it the first time so cheap had to get it done.
I use only motor craft parts and cannot find the controller and fan sold together. Best price was $140 for the controler and $190 for the fan. Seen the no name controllers as low as $20 with bad reviews.
How long and how many miles have the cheep brand lasted you? What brand was it?
How many miles on your TC when the replacement was done and the model year.
Thanks

JJ SMNOW

After 5 or 6 years on a couple Town Car forums, I don't see the electric fans going out that often. Having said that, at around 170K the fan shroud on my '03 cracked and the blades started hitting it making a racket, so I replaced the fan assembly.
What brand was it?

joe1234

I bought a no name controller on ebay 4 years ago and put it on my car about 1 year ago. What I discovered was the female connectors loosen up and don't make good contact. I bent mine back to fix my original and it failed for good 3 years later. My 08TC also had 29k miles when I bought it, lol.

Also, your a/c accumulator/dryer is probably painted steel and may be leaking. Without any freon the fan may not turn on anyway.

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
I use only motor craft parts and cannot find the controller and fan sold together. Best price was $140 for the controler and $190 for the fan. Seen the no name controllers as low as $20 with bad reviews.
How long and how many miles have the cheep brand lasted you? What brand was it?
How many miles on your TC when the replacement was done and the model year.
Thanks

You're right, odd that Motorcraft only makes the fan assembly and not the module.

I used the Spectra brand replacement in July of 2019 on my 09' TC with ~300,000 miles on it. The fan assembly had been replaced at least one time before I did it according to my mechanic.

Amazon.com: Spectra Premium CF15006 Radiator Fan Assembly: Automotive

BSmith81

Jonesboro, GA
My fan module went out several weeks ago, which caused my fan to quit and A/C to act up. I was able to get an OEM one from my job for about $150 my cost, and we actually had one in stock. Plugged it in and my fan and A/C came back to life! Ford does make the module, but it it is separate from the fan assembly itself.