2007 Town Car driver's side PCV


I was curious if anyone knows what's going on here. I replaced the electronically heated passenger side PCV valve when I did the intake manifold (again) and figured I'd do the driver's side while I'm at it. Looked it up and it came back with Motorcraft EV281. When I went to replace it though I realized the one on there wasn't a valve at all, just an open tube in the shape of a PCV valve. So, what is EV281 then? An updated version? Of course I didn't realize this until I got the stock one off and that shears off ears on the mating surface, making it a one time use thing. I went ahead and put EV281 on there since it needed something. Any idea what's going on here?