2007 Navigator 4wd, rear left side air shock does not inflate

taqi

mine started the same way just opposite sides...i presumed tat one shock was done and the ls was doing all the work...i could hear a hollow thump on the r/s rear...so I said to my self if you change one...change both... it use dto kind lean to the side when parked and the camber looked off.....so ill let you know what i find
Thank you, will wait for an update.

Last edited:

jasontorian

mechanic said he believes its the air bag(s) its self....he and ford mechanic seem to independently agree that the solenoids line and pumps are good....so ...perhaps i ordered some bullshit bags...."fugazy"......... so i'm set up to return those bags and i ordered from a different company that does seem to disappear when you need customer service......they are ordered we'll swap them....but gunna cost 3 bills in labor......I'm back to work now....and over fukin with it........they reluctantly agreed to use customer provided parts. For the three bills i could have just bought some passive shocks...I bet.....but then i waste all of the other new parts.......hard headed i guess

taqi

mechanic said he believes its the air bag(s) its self....he and ford mechanic seem to independently agree that the solenoids line and pumps are good....so ...perhaps i ordered some bullshit bags...."fugazy"......... so i'm set up to return those bags and i ordered from a different company that does seem to disappear when you need customer service......they are ordered we'll swap them....but gunna cost 3 bills in labor......I'm back to work now....and over fukin with it........they reluctantly agreed to use customer provided parts. For the three bills i could have just bought some passive shocks...I bet.....but then i waste all of the other new parts.......hard headed i guess
oh ic, i hope it works out, please update if swapping bags resolves the issue if you don't mind. mine is just sitting.

jasontorian

I sent all of it back...tho they tried to give me a hard time talking about have the shocks been installed ? well yes how else would I find that they didn't work....but I lied ....amazon stepped up...but I still need to check my account....same with CArid..(they dragged their feet) ....I'm going to buy a complete assembly against my better judgment...cause right now its shock less and sitting on the jack stands with the wheels on it....only good thing is I getting really fast at snatching them out.....

G-214727

I sent all of it back...tho they tried to give me a hard time talking about have the shocks been installed ? well yes how else would I find that they didn't work....but I lied ....amazon stepped up...but I still need to check my account....same with CArid..(they dragged their feet) ....I'm going to buy a complete assembly against my better judgment...cause right now its shock less and sitting on the jack stands with the wheels on it....only good thing is I getting really fast at snatching them out.....
Glad its working out, hope it will fix the problem and bring it to normal height, mine probably shot to, please let me know if replacing the air shock fix it.
Thank you

taqi

yea they always give hard time when returning stuff, glad its working out, hopefully replacing the air bag will solve it and raise it to normal height.
Please keep us posted.
Thank you for a quick response

jasontorian

sure will wait for your reply
well its fixed.....lot of heart acke ...been driving it the last week...forgot much fuel this damn thing drinks....

Lessons:

Depending on the amount of usable life in the truck....Just go passive with the shocks...it just aint worth it. I ended up buy to new assemblies because changing the bags only had too many working gears and more opportunity for something to be off. I wrestled the shocks in..I gotten quite goo at that now........ Then still wouldn't bag up......WTF??!!@#$........I saw abd connector harness...would not seat and click. So I had some guys at my plant fix that. There was a little grommet inside that was not seated. ..Still wont bag.........SO I gave in and crawled back to the dealer. They put on two new leveling sensors and re calibrated. $700............... I paid more for the GD labor than the parts them selves...and I know that was a bolt on bolt off item....I had to give in because I cant calibrate it with out that device they have. Perhaps some other shops have it but I was frustrated buy then . Hand over eyes SMH....."just fix it"......

Admittedly, I may have damaged the sensors by hyper extending them when installing the shocks IDK. not sure if that would cause them to fail......

If you change the shocks yourself

1) Wrap the shocks with a towel because you will scratch the Fuk out of them going in. And if you pull them back out they give you static on the return.

2) Buy a full assembly including the solenoid.... If there is trouble that part of it could be ruled out....

3) Disconnect and detach the leveling sensor so you dont break them ....Its a tight squeeze gig saw puzzle to get them out....it will fight you....

jasontorian

yea they always give hard time when returning stuff, glad its working out, hopefully replacing the air bag will solve it and raise it to normal height.
Please keep us posted.
well its fixed.....lot of heart acke ...been driving it the last week...forgot much fuel this damn thing drinks....

Lessons:

Depending on the amount of usable life in the truck....Just go passive with the shocks...it just aint worth it. I ended up buy to new assemblies because changing the bags only had too many working gears and more opportunity for something to be off. I wrestled the shocks in..I gotten quite goo at that now........ Then still wouldn't bag up......WTF??!!@#$........I saw abd connector harness...would not seat and click. So I had some guys at my plant fix that. There was a little grommet inside that was not seated. ..Still wont bag.........SO I gave in and crawled back to the dealer. They put on two new leveling sensors and re calibrated. $700............... I paid more for the GD labor than the parts them selves...and I know that was a bolt on bolt off item....I had to give in because I cant calibrate it with out that device they have. Perhaps some other shops have it but I was frustrated buy then . Hand over eyes SMH....."just fix it"......

Admittedly, I may have damaged the sensors by hyper extending them when installing the shocks IDK. not sure if that would cause them to fail......

If you change the shocks yourself

1) Wrap the shocks with a towel because you will scratch the Fuk out of them going in. And if you pull them back out they give you static on the return.

2) Buy a full assembly including the solenoid.... If there is trouble that part of it could be ruled out....

3) Disconnect and detach the leveling sensor so you dont break them ....Its a tight squeeze gig saw puzzle to get them out....it will fight you....

jasontorian

Please keep us posted.
still not happy with the ride height....perhaps they can have the computer set a high ride height ...Im jealous of other navs I see riding higher and prouder