2007 DEATC is "lethargic" in operation

Nongmin

Charlotte, NC
My EATC system can best be described as "lethargic". Pushing buttons gets things moving, from floor to vent to defrost, etc. but the system is oh-so-slow to move. I haven't had a chance to run the self test yet and get any codes displayed. Could it be possible that the car sat for an extended period and now the system needs time to get moving? Kinda like myself, as I get older! Everything seems to move to the desired setting, but not as fast as I'd like.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
So you press the button you want and how many seconds does it take for the corresponding light to go on? In my 2007 it was instant, in that the light associated with the button lit-up and the air flow could be heard.

Besides the EATC self test you could remove the neg battery terminal for 5 minutes to discharge all the capacitors and then re-connect the neg terminal. That often fixes electrical gremlins that cannot be explained. Why the neg battery terminal removal helps sometimes (but not all times) is not known either. You will have to reset your radio stations, EATC settings, clock, etc. The engine will lose its idle setting and the transmission its shifting pattern to your driving style; but those will be re-learned in short time with you probably not noticing any difference.

Good luck.

Nongmin

Charlotte, NC
I press a button and it may take 1-2 minutes before I get the desired result. I have waited as long as 4-5 minutes, in some instances, but it will eventually give me what I requested.

I'm aware that disconnecting the cable will wipe out the various settings you outlined. But, I was NOT aware that this car can possibly solve HVAC system gremlins by doing this. I've also been told taking both battery cables off and touching them together will drain the capacitors, too. Think I'll get the cables off first, which will give me time to clean up the cable ends and battery posts, as well. Thanks, Town.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Well you definitely have a problem with the EATC.

Other issues known to affect the electronics include the alternator. It can create odd electrical signals that affect electronics. You may want to have it checked if problems persist.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Are the HVAC units on the TCs similar to the CVs and the GMs (meaning, vacuum-actuated)?
The 2002 and earlier Town Cars had vacuum and electronic actuators, but the 2003 and up have only electronic actuators. The 2003 and up have 2 blend doors, one for the driver and one for the front passenger and both are electronically controlled. The temperature feed to the rear passenger compartment uses the driver blend door actuator.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML