2006 Zephyr // Drivers Seat Bottom: Heater Pad removal and installation

BillM

Mass
Hi Art,

Please post the manual pages for the drivers seat bottom heater pad R&R. P/N for the heater pad is 6H6Z-14D696AA.

Thanks as always for your help!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Best, Bill

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Bill,

You need to remove the neg battery terminal to depower the SRS after raising the driver seat to full height for access. The heated seat pad appears to be called the Thermo Electric Device (TED) and the procedure to replace it in the seat cushion is attached. Sounds like an easy job.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.

Take care,
Art

Attachments

BillM

Mass
Hi Art,

Thanks for the quick response. Will you please send over the instructions for the removal of the seat cover / cushion as well?

Thx, Bill

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Bill,

I didn't think you needed to remove the seat cover since the heated seat pad installs from under the seat. I will find the procedure though.

Take care,
Art

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Bill,

I now see there are two systems for the Heated Seats, regular heated seats and Climate controlled seats. I gave you the climate controlled seats procedure (with the TED) because I couldn't find the heating pad procedure and wrongly assumed this was your system. So the components of the 2 heated seat system are:

Heated seats:

the seat heater mats located in the seat cushion and backrest.
the dual heated seat module located on the passenger seat track.
the heated seat switches, located on the electronic automatic temperature control (EATC) module.
temperature sensors, located in the seat cushion heater mats.

Climate Controlled Seats:

The climate control seat system is able to heat and cool the front seats. Each climate controlled seat is operated by push-buttons on the EATC module located on the instrument panel. Each front seat temperature is then monitored and controlled by the dual climate control seat module (DCSM) located on the passenger front seat track.

The climate controlled seat system contains the following components:

EATC module
DCSM
Thermo-electric device (TED) and blower assembly within each front seat cushion and backrest
Air filter (attached to each TED and blower assembly)
Cushion and backrest manifolds
Cushion and backrest foam pads
Cushion and backrest trim covers

I guess you only need the regular heated seats that just involve the replacement of the seat cushion mats. I cannot see a procedure that just covers the replacement of the heating pad. Attached is everything I could find. Good luck.

Take care,
Art

Attachments

BillM

Mass
Hi Art,

I have the climate controlled seats. The Lincoln dealer gave me the P/N for the bottom heating pad that I need based on my VIN#. Thanks for sending all the procedures, I'll figure it out. The key thing is, is to disconnect the negative battery terminal before getting near any SRS components.

Thanks as always!

Best. Bill

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Bill,

Yes, disconnecting the neg battery terminal and waiting a few minutes will allow the SRS capacitors to discharge and prevent any chance of the air bags being detonated.

The climate controlled seats are not supposed to need the heating pad, it uses the TED to create the heat and distribute with tubes inside the cushion. It will be very interesting to see what you discover. Good luck.

Take care,
Art

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML