2006 towncar turning off suspension warning

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
It was easy on the earlier models and the kits came with instructions. That approach does not work on the 2003 and up models. Perhaps someone has figured a way by now and it is just a search away?

The suspension module also includes the EVO steering module so you cannot just remove the module. The suspension module has 2 sets of connectors, one for suspension and the other for steering. Removing the suspension connection is unlikely to affect the message display.

Good luck.

Todd Ector

It can be disabled but requires you to reprogram the instrument cluster either with Ford's tools or Forscan and someone with the knowledge how.

Forscan and a elm 327 device is the easiest way, takes all of about 5 minutes to make it go away.

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Just had mine replaced with springs and shocks and am getting the same warning to check air suspension system, and it doesn't bother me, just makes me smile (even if it's only a mental smile). Remember the old days?, the check engine light? How many short pieces of electrical tape were used to cover that up? I found a number of ways to get that sucker to shut off. If it fake on @ startup, shut off and restart- gone. If driving on x-way, slow down, it's off, speed up again. If all else fails, reach for the electrical tape. I had an '82 Olds Delta Royale that had throttle body injection, that required me to visit my local mechanic to clear the code, nothing amiss, just clear the code, and I'm off. Does this sound like a software (think Microsoft) problem? We can no longer kick or slap the offending appliance, but have to go to a tech, to have him kick/slap our offending appliance back into submission via computer code. Is this really an improvement/evolution? It's not for me to say, but consider it, contemplate.
TTFN,
You can buy an OBD2 reader for a small $ amount and read the code and decide if you are going to follow up or not. Then delete the code yourself. The electronics used in more modern cars are required to control the sophisticated car performance. These systems are not going away so embracing the technology is going to be less frustrating. A simple OBD2 reader would be the first step in embracing today's reality. A DIY scanner software would be a further step towards your independence and you could turn off the suspension warning light yourself on later model Town Cars that do not respond to cutting the wire.

I would have thought the 1997 model would respond to cutting the wire at the suspension module to turn the suspension light off.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML