2006 Town Car Tail Light Panel Replacement

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JensB

Aug 23, 2021
Just ordered a replacement tail light panel for my '06 Town Car on Ebay, mine has a damaged emblem and the chrome covering is wrinkled and coming off in parts. Here is a link to a similar item: 2003-2011 LINCOLN TOWN CAR CARTIER TAIL LIGHT PANEL # 11 OEM | eBay (Attached a photo as well, in case the Ebay listing goes bye bye.)

I am good with electrics, not worried about that, but I have some questions regarding the plastic fasteners used to hold the trunk panel in place. I bought a simple kit ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6FJGR4 ) with trim removal tools and a bunch of fasteners, and it looks like the 9.5mm ones should be roughly compatible with the ones in the Town Car---but I cannot be sure they are the right ones. Has anyone around here replaced this panel on their Town Car before and has some advice?

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• tmp.jpg
    tmp.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
Looks like the panel has metal studs that fasten it to the deck lid.
Seven of them to be specific.

Action License panel (2).jpg

Norms1stTC

Aug 12, 2020
Looks like the panel has metal studs that fasten it to the deck lid.
Seven of them to be specific.

Action View attachment 14428
I believe she may be talking about the retainer clips on the trunk cover trim that covers that piece to get to the studs. I think they are just the push in type automotive fasteners that can be had at any Advance auto, AutoZone or O'Reilly's , I'm sure there's something in that kit that fits, if it doesn't, I'd just make it fit.

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
ohhhh

I just buy new ones. Take an old one to AZ or Oreillys if I don't already has some in a box.

Action

raiderfan247365

Jun 18, 2019
Western Oregon
If you are indeed talking about the plastic pins holding up the trunk liner, you can get new clips from the ford dealership if you have one nearby. These pins are a little tricky because even if you match to the pin width, the head needs to be large enough to hold up the liner and not have it go through the hole. You could use some sort of washer and get away with a smaller head.