Lincoln Forums Navigation:

2006 Town Car Pax Airbag Off Light Assembly

AMCS_P3FE

Purchased a 2006 town car which has a small round hole in the dash to the right of the radio below vent. Assume it is for the pax airbag warning light but do not see any wires behind dash. Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement or a blank off? Owners manual references light but not exact location and has no pictures or diagrams. Thanks...Tim

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

There is a warning light in the location you mention for the passenger airbag that says "pass airbag off". The light proves out at ign on and then goes off. If the front passenger seat is empty the light stays off. The seat sensing system turns the light on when it detects the presence of something or someone that may be in danger from airbag (front and side) deployment. So it sounds like your system is not working properly or the seatbelt is buckled.

You may be able to cut a circle out of matching PVC tape to hide the light if it bothers you and you cannot fix the problem.

Good luck.

AMCS_P3FE

Welcome to the Forum.

There is a warning light in the location you mention for the passenger airbag that says "pass airbag off". The light proves out at ign on and then goes off. If the front passenger seat is empty the light stays off. The seat sensing system turns the light on when it detects the presence of something or someone that may be in danger from airbag (front and side) deployment. So it sounds like your system is not working properly or the seatbelt is buckled.

You may be able to cut a circle out of matching PVC tape to hide the light if it bothers you and you cannot fix the problem.

Good luck.
Thanks Town, I apologize I was not really clear regarding the ‘pass airbag off” light assembly, I believe you verified for me that the hole in the dash is probably where that would fit. Just strange the car didn’t have it installed. Good idea about trying to match the color for hiding the hole.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML