• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2006 town car lock problem

Lewis Salvetta

Wisconsin
Driver door lock doesn't respond to fob or button. Makes no sound. Fob and button works for other 3 doors. Inserting key does unlock door. Is this enough info for diagnosis? Anyone know fix? Appreciate any help.

Driver door lock doesn't respond to fob or button. Makes no sound. Fob and button works for other 3 doors. Inserting key does unlock door. Is this enough info for diagnosis? Anyone know fix? Appreciate any help.
Considering all your other locks work, it sounds like it could be your door lock actuator not working. They are a pretty inexpensive part, replacing it can be a little tricky if the rivet is in tact and you aren't able to finagle the old actuator out of the harness. Either way you are going to need to pull the door panel off to diagnose it for sure. A quick YouTube should provide you some videos of people pulling door panels off, it's pretty easy, be prepared for a few of the plastic clips to break...

I wrote about my experience replacing my rear door lock actuator here Rear Passenger Door Lock Actuator Replacement 2009 TC

Lewis Salvetta

Wisconsin
Considering all your other locks work, it sounds like it could be your door lock actuator not working. They are a pretty inexpensive part, replacing it can be a little tricky if the rivet is in tact and you aren't able to finagle the old actuator out of the harness. Either way you are going to need to pull the door panel off to diagnose it for sure. A quick YouTube should provide you some videos of people pulling door panels off, it's pretty easy, be prepared for a few of the plastic clips to break...

I wrote about my experience replacing my rear door lock actuator here Rear Passenger Door Lock Actuator Replacement 2009 TC
Thanks for the help

HTML