• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Interior Trim Color

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

roylwilson

Oct 8, 2020
Can anyone help me find the name for my 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Interior Trim Color QK. I recently purchased a door pull handle which was the wrong color and I want to dye it.

KWIC

Sep 2, 2021
Light Camel = QK

etinpa

Nov 15, 2021
I am amazed at how little information is out there for interior color codes.

I found a Ford document for MY 2010 Town Cars which identifies QK as
Seats: Light Camel
Instrument Panel: Camel/Light Camel

Not sure if this helps...

roylwilson

Oct 8, 2020
I am amazed at how little information is out there for interior color codes.

I found a Ford document for MY 2010 Town Cars which identifies QK as
Seats: Light Camel
Instrument Panel: Camel/Light Camel

Not sure if this helps...
What documenr did you find it in? I could not find anything anywhere. Thanks for the info.

KWIC

Sep 2, 2021
The interior colors also are coded another way, for example your door pull (handle) in the Signature Medium/Light Camel is the AA Code.
This is the part number, ending in AA for Medium or Light Camel: Ford Handle --> 2006-2011 Lincoln Town Car 6W1Z5422666AA
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.49.06 AM.png

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
What documenr did you find it in? I could not find anything anywhere. Thanks for the info.
The trim codes are in the front of a shop manual in an information section.
That information section gives all code data for all items listed on the warranty sticker. Including a breakdown of the VIN as well.

Know that in the color names for both exterior and interior trim, the name may change from year to year for the same code. That is a marketing thing.

It may seem that Camel may be appealing or Chamois may be more appealing in a different year. Those names are used in the sales brochure and have an impact on how consumers perceive the vehicles. Many times, the color code did not change nor did the actual color change. It was only the name that changed.

In the 1980s the company started using four words to name the exterior colors of the high-end vehicles. As an example; Medium slate clearcoat metallic would have been used on Lincoln. A low end Ford might be called Light grey metallic or just light grey.

Those names are used for market appeal to sell more new vehicles or to at least make the consumer feel like this is a good choice for my vehicle order.

And the coding is shown in the shop manual for all of the codes on the warranty sticker.
The part numbers, as stated in post 6, have variations for the same part with different colors. Typically, the suffix of the part number of an interior trim part indicates the color.

Action

G-156153

Once you have the year, model, VIN and both int and ext color codes.......then what? I can find no color description or paint source that cares about color codes.