2005 Lincoln Towncar (issues just occured together at same time)

knightmoose

Upfront thank you for advice & direction. Please note I'm not sure if these 2 issues are electrically related or if they simply took a crap at the same time.

2005 Lincoln TownCar Signature Limited with (Factory Navigation Touch Screen, 6cd changer AM/FM radio dated 04/05 OEM) & Dual climate. Dual AC.

Number 1; The 6 CD disk changer stopped working and i keep getting "CD ERROR" message. I've tried everything from disconnecting the battery to ejecting etc. The door opens automatically but doesn't retract by itself and the "CDs lights 1-6 all light up even blink but i can eject any disks. The radio (FM, AM, & navigation, everything else works to the unit. Not sure what to do as its factory .. ive found another unit on flea bay OEM and was thinking of simply swaping for plug in play. The unit displays "CD ERROR"

Issue number 2# The AC/ Heat "dual climate" for the drivers side blows both HOT/COLD hot air .. when i select dual climate on the panel only cold air however blows on the passenger side NO heat ; On the driver side hot and cold air blows which is fine when running ac as both sides will work but when adjusting the heat for both sides of the car only the driver side blows hot air while the passenger side is cold... Is this a heat coil problem or is this the module unit , Any advice?

Last edited:

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
Good morning, sorry to hear you are having issues, happens to most of us on here though lol.

I can't speak to your CD changer issue but I do have a question about your air/ac issue.

So does the passenger vent work as it should when you don't select "dual climate"? Meaning it will blow hot when you ask it to and blow cold when you ask it to and it only has issues when you select dual?

Here are instructions for running the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) diagnostic test:

G-456237

the only side that will blow hot is the driver side the passenger side wont blow hot at all only cold air no matter what is pressed etc. I ran the EATC test and it gave 2 codes 67 & 22 ..

knightmoose

thank you ; I ran the test and the code shown was 2267 .. EATC code which probably is the actuator on the passenger side right side?

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
thank you ; I ran the test and the code shown was 2267 .. EATC code which probably is the actuator on the passenger side right side

You are correct, that code is for the RH blend door actuator.

Attached is the procedure for replacing. You got lucky, that's by far the easiest one to replace :)

Attachments

• RH Blend Door.pdf
    433.2 KB · Views: 7

knightmoose

hmm you dont have to take the air bag out nothing just lower the glove box? im not mechanically inclined how much time labor does this call for ? the part is like 25-35$ im assuming labor is 1hr? Thanks for your help ..

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
hmm you dont have to take the air bag out nothing just lower the glove box? im not mechanically inclined how much time labor does this call for ? the part is like 25-35$ im assuming labor is 1hr? Thanks for your help ..
You just drop the glove box down, no airbag removal. It is a 10-15 minute fix, maybe 30-60 if you are an absolute beginner. If there is an easier repair on these cars I haven't seen it :)

knightmoose

thank you . i will get under there and check it out lol

knightmoose

I see your point as the internal guts has 6CDs lol, Any suggestions on how to recover the CDs still inside once the unit is pulled LOL? A shop will swap it out at 45.00 ,..

Last edited:

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
I see your point as the internal guts has 6CDs lol, Any suggestions on how to recover the CDs still inside once the unit is pulled LOL? A shop will swap it out at 45.00 ,.. ot sure i want to bother with the bezel etc or trying to get the unit out a si have fat hands and the plugs arent long corded are they? The trunk only has the navigation DVD the unit has 6cd's internal in the dash.

I am guessing that once you have the old unit out, you could meticulously disassemble it to get to the CDs. $45 dollars isn't bad to swap the radio, I will say though, it takes maybe five minutes to remove the stereo from later model TC's, yes, some of the plugs require a little wiggle to disconnect but you just have to find the release clips. See video below: