2005 Ed Taylor edition?

eastcoast909

I am considering picking this up, but cannot find anything about this trim level. This vehicle is in another province and thus I cannot view it in person. The on line shots of the interior and exterior look very good. It is at 138K Km. If I get the seller to take it in to a dealer ship what should I get them to look for other than a general inspection??

Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

John

Attachments

• edTaylor.jpg
    edTaylor.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 11

bbf2530

I am considering picking this up, but cannot find anything about this trim level. This vehicle is in another province and thus I cannot view it in person. The on line shots of the interior and exterior look very good. It is at 138K Km. If I get the seller to take it in to a dealer ship what should I get them to look for other than a general inspection??

Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

John

Hi John. It is not a Lincoln/Ford factory trim level or special edition. That is simply some sort of Dealer created "Special Edition". There are thousands of such "Special Editions' floating around that were created by individual Dealerships over the years. Just the fact that there are Lincoln and Mercury logos on the plate tell us that it was not some sort of official Lincoln Special Edition. A true factory "Special Edition" Lincoln would never use the Mercury logo.

I Googled "Lincoln Ed Taylor edition" and came up with this: BALDO BUYS ED TAYLOR LINCOLN MERCURY

Seems there was an Ed Taylor Lincoln Mercury back in the 70's to 2002 in upstate NY.
Taking a guess here...Perhaps the new owner of the Dealership put plaques on a few Lincolns to honor Ed after he bought the Dealership from him. Or maybe Ed Taylor put a lot of plaques on cars he owned. Like smiley stickers. :D

If you are thinking about purchasing it, just be sure to have the usual used car inspection performed, and take the same due diligence as with any used car. Perhaps even more, if you are buying it sight unseen and trusting the seller to get an inspection.

Good luck.

Last edited:

eastcoast909

Ahhh! Thanks very much.

The CarFax for this vehicle shows that it was a US car that was imported into Canada. The earliest service record shows a "Steve Baldo Mercury Lincoln" in Amherst, New York in 2005 for a pre-delivery inspection. After reviewing the listing again it is a "Signature Limited" at 113K Km's. Have asked for chassis pics, ad claims stored every winter.

Take care.

Attachments

• SignatureLimited.jpg
    SignatureLimited.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 13

eastcoast909

That is one sharp looking Town Car!
It looks even better with the pics of the interior. Just have to figure out how to get it inspected by an independant source before committing money. Right now I'm 1,100 miles and three provinces away, trying to negotiate over the interweb! LOL

2 Abrahams 4 Me

Hi John. It is not a Lincoln/Ford factory trim level or special edition. That is simply some sort of Dealer created "Special Edition". There are thousands of such "Special Editions' floating around that were created by individual Dealerships over the years. Just the fact that there are Lincoln and Mercury logos on the plate tell us that it was not some sort of official Lincoln Special Edition. A true factory "Special Edition" Lincoln would never use the Mercury logo.

I Googled "Lincoln Ed Taylor edition" and came up with this: BALDO BUYS ED TAYLOR LINCOLN MERCURY

Seems there was an Ed Taylor Lincoln Mercury back in the 70's to 2002 in upstate NY.
Taking a guess here...Perhaps the new owner of the Dealership put plaques on a few Lincolns to honor Ed after he bought the Dealership from him. Or maybe Ed Taylor put a lot of plaques on cars he owned. Like smiley stickers. :D

If you are thinking about purchasing it, just be sure to have the usual used car inspection performed, and take the same due diligence as with any used car. Perhaps even more, if you are buying it sight unseen and trusting the seller to get an inspection.

Good luck.
Sorry my fellow TOwn Car cultist I bought this car this week. I am in St Catharines ON and it was a half hour away from my home. It is super clean, undercarriage is 9/10 no rust under the doors and drives true and straight. I pick it up tomorrow.

I will be driving this as a pleasure vehicle using my 06 Sig Ltd as my daily.

2 Abrahams 4 Me

As I had said I bought this car this week. It is NOT a base model in anyway. It was a rare trim package only available in the 2004 & 2005 model years. 2004 it was an Ultimate Limited and 2005 Signature Limited. It has every option available including the THX sound system which is mind blowing compared to the Mark Sound systems that came with most models.

The Ed Taylor badge is related to a specific dealership and isn't a factory package. My guess is that some of these option packages that ended up on lots were probably sold as an exclusive car in the sense that there were probably limited production numbers and considered a unique model compared to other lot cars. I say that because if you have a look at the 2004 Ultimate Ltd on YouTube you can also see a dealer logo on the same area of the trunk.

I drive a 2006 Sig Ltd as my daily and this car will be used as a pleasure vehicle.

eastcoast909

Congratulations! It was a very slim chance that I would have bought this even though it looked like a superb vehicle.

I was looking at trying to get an independent appraisal as I was not going to be able to view in person (nor test drive it) and then would have to arrange for shipping to Nova Scotia.
There were just too many unknowns for me to go through with this.

That being said, I really believe that you should have contacted me when you inspected it and told me it was as every bit as nice as it appeared and that I should immediately buy it before you!! LOL

If you ever find another one close to this please contact me through this forum and let me know.

Enjoy this ride my friend, stay safe and healthy.

2 Abrahams 4 Me

Congratulations! It was a very slim chance that I would have bought this even though it looked like a superb vehicle.

I was looking at trying to get an independent appraisal as I was not going to be able to view in person (nor test drive it) and then would have to arrange for shipping to Nova Scotia.
There were just too many unknowns for me to go through with this.

That being said, I really believe that you should have contacted me when you inspected it and told me it was as every bit as nice as it appeared and that I should immediately buy it before you!! LOL

If you ever find another one close to this please contact me through this forum and let me know.

Enjoy this ride my friend, stay safe and healthy.
There's a 2003 Cartier on Kijiji in Windsor with only 48K kms but I haven't seen it. I contacted him but got a bad vibe. Asking way too much at $10500. But if I do see something here I will post it for you. You can find good Town Cars in Canada if they were snow bird cars but it's tough now with covid. I will post some pics of it over the weekend as I pick it up tomorrow. It needs a good clean and I have to figure out what to do with the bubbling chrome on the B pillar. A few little things but it's a good clean car and fully loaded. If you are willing to pay top $$$ you should contact Specialty Motors in New Hampshire and follow them on YouTube. American $$$ and have to get it across the border but he finds really nice cars and loves last gen Town Cars.