• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2004 Lincoln Town Car Parking Assist Disabled

Ed C

Need your help! Having problems with Parking Assist Disabled. I replaced the (1) Parking Assist Module (2) Both Sensors and checked all fuses. The problem won't go away. Are there any relays I need to check or replace. Please advise.

wolf_walker

Unfortunately it takes a pretty particular scan tool to read codes from that one system on the car. Dealer can do it, a few not especially cheap aftermarket ones can. You replaced both the usual culprits (new parts or used?), other than visually looking for wiring faults and checking the fuses (though I'm sure there are other things on that circuit that would be inop if a fuse was blown) you're pretty well up the creek far as I know.
Pay ford to scan it and see what it's complaining about is about all else I know to do. The system takes inputs from a number of things but none of them are overly simple to test that I can think of. Mine only works in the winter until the car warms up.

Ed C

Unfortunately it takes a pretty particular scan tool to read codes from that one system on the car. Dealer can do it, a few not especially cheap aftermarket ones can. You replaced both the usual culprits (new parts or used?), other than visually looking for wiring faults and checking the fuses (though I'm sure there are other things on that circuit that would be inop if a fuse was blown) you're pretty well up the creek far as I know.
Pay ford to scan it and see what it's complaining about is about all else I know to do. The system takes inputs from a number of things but none of them are overly simple to test that I can think of. Mine only works in the winter until the car warms up.
All parts were new. Thanks for the info!

HTML