Lincoln Forums Navigation:

2004 Aviator - Replace Engine VS Valve Guides - AKA TSB-06-05-13

Charles Ford

Thread starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2004 Aviator 2WD 163K miles. Mine suffers from the sticky valve syndrome due to the powder-coated valve guides/cooling issue. Cylinder 4 and 7 random misfires, etc. It is my work truck and I have been babying it for the past 3 years. I have tried engine lubricants, etc, all temporary fixes which are just prolonging the inevitable. Other than this issue it has been great. This is a sketchy proposition perhaps, but rather than buy a used vehicle with unknown issues, I am considering fixing this one. Has anyone had this issue (TSB-06-05-13) and if so, has anyone swapped engines with a post-2004 4.6L V8? My other thought is this: is it possible to replace the valve guides/valves and cure this ailment? This vehicle has been otherwise PERFECT. Never had an issue that was outside of normal maintenance. I think it is worth the investment to keep this one going for a few more years. I guess I am not ready to let it go... Any thoughts or shared experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML