Lincoln Forums Navigation:

2003 TC rear defroster and mirror heater not working

eray

Just purchased a 2003 TC signature and have already been fixing small issues such as switches and locks, but I am stuck on the rear defroster. Fuses are good, switch lights up, no power to the rear window. The drivers side mirror is discolored so I assume the heater part is burned up. I bought a Haynes manual in the hopes the schematic would help trace the wiring but it doesn't show it. I plan on ordering a new mirror, am I correct to think the mirror has memory since the seats do? I could care less about the memory on the mirrors and would order one without that feature if the plug would work. Is it possible the circuit could be open at the mirror and thus no power to the rear window? I dread taking the door panel apart, seems like little thingys always break! Appreciate any help and advice. Thanks, Ray

eray

Please disregard most of the first post! I do have power to the grid. I was checking a tab at the top of the backglass that appears to be going to a separate grid at the very top, it is not connected to the main grid. Anyone know what this is for and how it works?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

The rear grid has 2 sets of wires, for the heated window and the radio antenna. I may be able to find the procedure to replace your driver mirror if you want to go ahead with that. We have a Tech forum for the Town Car here and it may be in there.

Good luck with your car.

eray

Thanks for the info! I need to wait for a hard frost to be sure if the defroster is working or not. All the grid checked good. I will hold off on the mirror till then and will scan the Tech forum for help on further problems.

eray

Thanks a lot sir!! I rechecked everything this morning with my infrared temp gun and all is good , even the mirrors heat up. I will order a new glass for the drivers side and use the provided instructions to replace. Taking the TC to a front end shop this afternoon to have it onced over. Now I need to figure out why the bass on the stereo fades in and out. Thanks again, Ray.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML