2003 ls v8 traction control can't turn off?

Brian H

My traction control system works, but can't turn off with switch. Switch is no longer available. Can switch be bypassed

don-ohio

Traction control is normally on. Switch turns it off to allow you control to rock the car to free from ditch or some other problem.

bbf2530

My traction control system works, but can't turn off with switch. Switch is no longer available. Can switch be bypassed
Hi Brian. Someone with some automotive electronics/electrical knowledge could bypass the switch, according to what it is you are trying to achieve.
However, are you sure it is only the switch that is the problem? What is it you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to turn the traction control off permanently? Trying to jury rig another switch? Hard wire the traction control to stay on...or stay off?

Have you checked the cost of replacing your non-working switch? Ask the Parts Department of your local Lincoln or Ford Dealer how much a new switch would be and what the part number is. Once you have the part number, you can shop online for a better price if you wish. Or is that what you meant when you stated "Switch is no longer available."?

You can also check with automotive salvage yards in your area and online.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Brian H

The system was designed to be turned off during certain driving conditions, that is my goal. I have checked with dealerships and other parts suppliers and the switch is no longer available. I haven't been a fan of junk yard shopping in the past, but that is what I have had to do. I have received another used switch and that has resolved the issue. Thanks for the input

bbf2530

The system was designed to be turned off during certain driving conditions, that is my goal. I have checked with dealerships and other parts suppliers and the switch is no longer available. I haven't been a fan of junk yard shopping in the past, but that is what I have had to do. I have received another used switch and that has resolved the issue. Thanks for the input
Hi Brian. Yes, I am very familiar with the reason for the switch. That is why I asked what you were trying to achieve with a "bypass". ;)
Also not a fan of "junk yard shopping", but it stinks having an older, discontinued model. It's happened to me too.

Happy to hear you found a switch and your problem is resolved.

Good luck.

HTML