• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2003 LS dimmer switch on multifunction went bad

don-ohio

I have looked into this multifunction switch and apparently the 2003 had at least 2 different switches for moisture sensing wipers. I will get the steering wheel off in a few days and check the number on the actual component.
Meantime I have only low beams.
The problem might be the FEM but I'm hoping it's just the dimmer,and flash to pass part of the multifunction switch. I'll post back in a few days I hope. don-ohio :)^)

don-ohio

Took off the steering wheel, clockspring and multifunction switch and ordered an exact replacement of the switch, USED, on E-bay for 60+ dollars. It's not that hard to replace, and since I'm not 100% that the switch is bad, I'm going the cheap route.
Should arrive Tuesday, and I'll give it a whirl.
The switch on my 03 unclips from the clockspring holder. 2 screws and 2 clips. Hope it solves the problem, cause the FEM might be a hard thing to obtain and get put in right. don-ohio :)^)

don-ohio

Yay! The MULTIFUNCTION switch AKA turn signal switch did the trick! Got her all back together today and she's working perfect. don-ohio

HTML