2003 Lincoln want to know about draining the fuel tank.

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
How do I drain my fuel tank on a 2003 lincoln town car? Is there a hose I can drain it from?
When I did mine I unhooked the supply hose at the engine & put it in a 5 gallon can. Then I jumped the fuel pump relay and pumped all but 1 gallon out that way. Because of the short hose & space / angle I could only get about 3 gallons at a time. It actually emptied very quickly. Of course this assumes that your pump is working.

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
No my fuel pump not working
Oh, ok. In that case your best bet is to get a siphoning pump from Harbor Freight or similar. ($10) Most modern cars have a "trap" to prevent siphoning through the fill tube, so it is difficult to get it that way.
If you jack up the rear you will find a 6 to 8" rubber hose between the gas tank & filler tube. It should be held on by hose clamps. Loosen both and break the rubber hose free. Then you should be able to insert the siphon I to the tank and drain that way. I would only insert enough to reach the bottom of the tank, say 2 feet, because the siphon tube can curl up & then you won't get all the gas.

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
I was out under my 2002 TC today and noticed this is bad information:

[/QUOTE]
If you jack up the rear you will find a 6 to 8" rubber hose between the gas tank & filler tube. It should be held on by hose clamps. Loosen both and break the rubber hose free.
[/QUOTE]

Please see the linked video to see how to get into the tank. All the rest remains true.

I believe I was remembering working on my daughter's Chevy when describing the part about the rubber hose.1