• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2003 Lincoln Town Car Air Ride Issue How to get the air hose to seal in the dryer fitting

David R

My Mom has a 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier. The air ride pump went bad so I purchased a new assembly with the dryer and replaced it. Now I can't get the air hose to seal in the dryer fitting.
I tried cutting the hose back to get to a clean section of hose. I also swapped the fitting from the old dryer into the new dryer and I changed the dryer back to the old dryer with both the old fitting and the new fitting all with no luck. That connection still leaks down. Not as bad as it did but it still leaks. It was leaking down enough in about 2 minutes that the pump would fire back up. Now it takes about 5 minutes to leak down enough to make the pump fire up.
Is there some magic secret on how to get this fitting to seal properly?

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
The compressor should only come on if the rear drops. I'm thinking that if the solenoids at the air springs are not leaking, then it shouldn't matter if there is a leak at the compressor; that should only make it harder to air up the springs. So there may be more than one leak. That might be what wore out the original air compressor in the first place. I could be wrong. Good luck.

mekmeh

the drier uses a compression fitting. You can use a small needle nose plier to push the metal o-ring down, the rubber hose should have a hard plastic tip at the end. The hard plastic tip should be inserted into the metal o-ring fitting. Once, that is installed, you can eliminate this end of air leakage. To check if the hose is leaking underneath the car and air springs is leaking, splay dishwater mixed water on these items to see if there is any bubbles forming. Finally, you also have a height sensor mounted on the left rear wheel. This tells the air compressor to come on. This could be defective. Also, check to see if the short rubber hose connecting to the air compressor and drier is fitted securely.

G-679042

the drier uses a compression fitting. You can use a small needle nose plier to push the metal o-ring down, the rubber hose should have a hard plastic tip at the end. The hard plastic tip should be inserted into the metal o-ring fitting. Once, that is installed, you can eliminate this end of air leakage. To check if the hose is leaking underneath the car and air springs is leaking, splay dishwater mixed water on these items to see if there is any bubbles forming. Finally, you also have a height sensor mounted on the left rear wheel. This tells the air compressor to come on. This could be defective. Also, check to see if the short rubber hose connecting to the air compressor and drier is fitted securely.
Is that hard plastic tip replaceable and if so what is it's nomenclature?

mekmeh

the hard plastic tip is part of the air hose running from the air spring solenoid located at the rear air spring. You may need to buy a replacement air line from Ford dealer or aftermarket like Suncore or Rock Auto. NAPA may stock it because they carry air suspension parts from Dorman. Good luck

HTML