• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2002 lincoln ls

Nubbs

Fan running? Coolant level correct? Condition good?
Thanks for replying
condition is good or better
fan runs
coolant level ok when starting drive
New thermostat
New thermostat housing
New water pump
System bled several times
replaced coolant tank cap tonight to see if this is the problem

Nubbs

This site is absolutely of no assistance to me. I don't see how it can be for anyone. Navigation is a joke.

Well, did you replace the coolant cap to see if that was the problem? Maybe we were waiting for you to report back? Have you tested for a blown head gasket? How many miles on the car? Did this all the sudden start? Did you just purchase the vehicle? What is the history of the vehicle? You are the ears and eyes of the forum. The more information you provide, the better it is for someone to offer assistance.

jhartz

Ok: first you are on the wrong site (this is for new series Continentals). Second, overheating in the 4.0L AJ27 engine can be a lot of issues, start with thermostat and a crappy water pump; ending with jumped timing if you still have the plastic secondary tensioners (I forget which year Lincoln switched to metal; Jaguar switched in late 2001).

Regardless, how hard would be for you tell us what you did to fix your problem?

HTML