2001 Lincoln Continental temperature blend door actuator

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Imabadczech

So I bought a 2001 continental and the heat is warm but not hot. When ac is on temp stays same so i want to replace the actuator. The direction of my airflow works when i use defrost, vent or floor but the temp isnt working. No clicking or anything so I'm guessing it finally just broke. Is the actuator I need the one closest to the floor and if so, how to i remove the cd player that is mounted on passenger side of center thing? My shifter is on column so I dont have the floor shifter and big console. If I am lucky and yall give me info to get to my temperature actuator, how do I know which one to purchase or are both actuators the same?

Any help sure would be great. Thanks
Craig

flaokie

If you haven't done it yet, try “cycling” the actuator by running the temperature setting all the way up and down several times.
My actuator stuck, and doing this freed it up.

What actuator and how to pull the mini console under the dash, and CD changer, are clearly shown in the Ford service manual.
You should have a factory service manual if you intend on running a 20 year old car.

You can get a DVD version cheap on ebay.

Imabadczech

If you haven't done it yet, try “cycling” the actuator by running the temperature setting all the way up and down several times.
My actuator stuck, and doing this freed it up.

What actuator and how to pull the mini console under the dash, and CD changer, are clearly shown in the Ford service manual.
You should have a factory service manual if you intend on running a 20 year old car.

You can get a DVD version cheap on ebay.
I got the actuator out. The motor inside is what went bad, not the gears. What a pain to get out. No room for regular tools. Not sure how I’ll get new one back in. All I can get in there is an 8mm wrench. Ugh.

dblshot67

SUPPORTING MEMBER
TO REMOVE THE CD PLAYER, WATCH IT ON U-TUBE. OPEN U-TUBE AND PUT IN "HOW TO REMOVE CD PLAYER FROM WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU HAVE". THEN SCROLL DOWN UNTILL YOU SEE YOUR CAR AND WATCH IT. IT'S VERY SIMPLE. I DID IT ON MY 06 TOWN CAR.