• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2000 Town Car Signature - cylinder 5 misfire - again

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

lasmith

Feb 23, 2022
About 6 months ago cylinder 5 began misfiring. Replaced coil pack and spark plug. Ran fine until today when skipping began and check engine light started flashing before going off, then staying on. Checked the codes and indeed cylinder 5 is misfiring again. Anyone have any ideas why this cylinder keeps failing?
Thanks

JuanOrtiz219

Apr 2, 2022
My Lincoln
2006 Towncar limited signature
Im going through this same mess .. except mine is cylinder 6 i also get all kinds of codes. two good mechanics both state my ECM is the culpret i got to replace it. I pray its not that in your case. I changed all the spark plugs the coils the connectors had the Mas air flow checked the pressure in the cylinders everything checks out only thing left it could be is the ECM for me anyway

dave42

Jul 6, 2015
Leander, TX C.K.U.
Be sure that your thermostat housing or intake crossover isn't leaking. I 'think' cylinder 5 is the one that is most likely to be affected by some coolant getting into the well.

lasmith

Feb 23, 2022
Im going through this same mess .. except mine is cylinder 6 i also get all kinds of codes. two good mechanics both state my ECM is the culpret i got to replace it. I pray its not that in your case. I changed all the spark plugs the coils the connectors had the Mas air flow checked the pressure in the cylinders everything checks out only thing left it could be is the ECM for me anyway
It turns out that the problem wasn't cylinder 5 even though the code was for number 5. Ended up replacing all the plugs which did the trick for me. I hope you will be able to repair yours without too much trouble.