2.7 Torque Converter

Hello, I bought my '17 Reserve back in December. With only about 20k miles, the torque converter seal went bad and developed a leak, causing some really annoying whine sounds. After over thirty days at the dealership, I got it back and felt great about the car again.
I've started hearing this sound again over the past few weeks and it seems to be getting more noticeable weekly. Yesterday, I found it sounding no different than it did before it was repaired the 1st time. And now it is making a new sound that I thought was a tire going bad, but it only makes this sound as I have my foot on the accelerator, so it's not a tire.
I'm going to contact the dealership again tomorrow but I'm really getting fed up with this car. Is anyone else with the 2.7 liter experiencing this? I don't know much about the mechanics of a vehicle, but does this surprise you to have this going bad against so quickly?
I've only had the car for 6 months now but I've already had it appraised for trade in and as you can imagine, I'm too far upside down on it to trade it in. I want to get out of this mistake. I'm afraid that this car will be a nightmare once the warranty expires.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I have not experienced any noise or other problem with the transmission in my 2.7. Are you having slow upshifts (low trans oil) or a smell of trans fluid on the exhaust or leaking (possible trans overfill). The more likely issue is the trans was not fixed the first time. A recurring problem under warranty that is not fixed is the manufacturers responsibility to fix even after the warranty ends.

I think you should go to your dealer ASAP to get the problem addressed. No point in waiting.

In post #5 of this thread: Access to transmission oil dipstick there is a procedure to access the trans oil level dipstick to check for oil level.

Good luck.

I have not experienced any noise or other problem with the transmission in my 2.7. Are you having slow upshifts (low trans oil) or a smell of trans fluid on the exhaust or leaking (possible trans overfill). The more likely issue is the trans was not fixed the first time. A recurring problem under warranty that is not fixed is the manufacturers responsibility to fix even after the warranty ends.

I think you should go to your dealer ASAP to get the problem addressed. No point in waiting.

In post #5 of this thread: Access to transmission oil dipstick there is a procedure to access the trans oil level dipstick to check for oil level.

Good luck.
Thank you Town and I apologize for the late response. I must not have clicked the box that has an email sent to me when there is a response to my post.
I'm not experiencing any of the problems that you mention but will check the transmission oil level. I did contact the dealership and they are going to get me in on Monday.
Thanks again and I will follow up once the dealership tells me what they have found.

@Georgia17Continental Thanks for the update and the description of your problem resolution. Never heard of a transmission case not being machined correctly. Good shop mechanic to investigate your problem so thoroughly to find that problem.
Thank you.
Yes, it took the mechanic taking the car home that night to notice what had been bothering me.
The car feels so much better to me now. I can be happy about it again.

HTML