1998 Continental BDA Blend Door Actuator replacement

harrellsm

I know this is an old thread but I need to remove this console and the 2nd step says remove the center console glove box and I dont want to break anything by just opening the lid and pulling on it. There's no equipment in there except for a cigar lighter which pops off easy. Can someone tell me where to pull and pry to get it out so I can get to the floor mounting screws? Thanks, Sean

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I know this is an old thread but I need to remove this console and the 2nd step says remove the center console glove box and I dont want to break anything by just opening the lid and pulling on it. There's no equipment in there except for a cigar lighter which pops off easy. Can someone tell me where to pull and pry to get it out so I can get to the floor mounting screws? Thanks, Sean
These procedure were originally posted to a Tech forum that was eliminated a year or two ago and the procedures distributed to the applicable auto forum. In this case the wrong forum. So are you trying to remove the console from a 1998 Continental or a 2017 and up Continental?

I can get the procedures for the 2017 model, but not the 1998 model since the disc will not run under Windows 10 and my old computer with earlier system is dead. I still have the pdf files from post #1 above original procedure for the 1998 model if you cannot access them.

harrellsm

These procedure were originally posted to a Tech forum that was eliminated a year or two ago and the procedures distributed to the applicable auto forum. In this case the wrong forum. So are you trying to remove the console from a 1998 Continental or a 2017 and up Continental?

I can get the procedures for the 2017 model, but not the 1998 model since the disc will not run under Windows 10 and my old computer with earlier system is dead. I still have the pdf files from post #1 above original procedure for the 1998 model if you cannot access them.
I have a 2000 Continental with only 60k original miles. Beautiful car so I'm trying to be really careful with it. The PDF files downloaded ok so I am pretty sure I just need to pull harder but I can wait until I get an answer from someone that knows for sure. VMware player or Virtual box could be a good solution to the Windows 10 compatibility problem. Thanks!

Last edited:

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I have a 2000 Continental with only 60k original miles. Beautiful car so I'm trying to be really careful with it. The PDF files downloaded ok so I am pretty sure I just need to pull harder but I can wait until I get an answer from someone that knows for sure. VMware player or Virtual box could be a good solution to the Windows 10 compatibility problem. Thanks!
There is another Forum that deals with the earlier models of the Continental: Lincoln Continental / Continental Town Car Forum which includes your 2000 model Continental. It would have experts in the features of your car and would probably have an instant response to your question. I would post a new thread there about your concern, and feel free to use the document(s) if they would help.

Thanks for the tip on VMWare player and Virtual box, my son can help me there, after his vacation.

HTML