Lincoln Forums Navigation:

1997 Towncar Wiring Diagram Needed

2manylincolns

Thread starter #3
The Haynes Lincoln manual has some wiring diagrams. What diagrams in particular are you looking for?
Thanks for the reply. I have two areas that I'm interested in. First, the remote lock/unlock circuit; and second, the dash display lights. The remote key fob does not work, and it's not the fob itself. I'm thinking it may be the transmitter, but I don't know enough about the circuit to troubleshoot it. The speedometer and cluster lights work, but some of the control lights don't work.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
This will be a two part response. The first part will deal with the keyless entry that covers the locks and other features. All key fobs must be programmed at the same time to the car. The key fob sends a wireless message to the Driver Door Module (DDM) that is called the Left Front Door Module in electrical schematics. The descriptions of the components and the electrical diagrams (cell ....) are attached. The key fob programming is in the owner manual.

Good luck

Attachments

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
This is the second part of the response dealing with the Instrument Cluster. I assume you have the electronic version.

Good luck.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML