• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1997 TC - Do I have Traction Control?

Pasquale

I am just getting ready to replace the ABS Pump/Module on my 1997 Town Car Signature Series, but I cannot figure out if my TC is equipped with Traction Control or not. There is a button for 'Overdrive' on the gear shifter, but I am not sure if this is the same as traction control. I checked the book and it only explains what to do if your TC is equipped with the feature, not necessarily whether mine has is or not.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
The button on the gear shift lever is for turning overdrive on or off. On my 04, the traction control button is located on the dash to the left of the steering column beside the pedal adjust buttons. Hope this helps.

7510-091.1.jpg

Pasquale

The button on the gear shift lever is for turning overdrive on or off. On my 04, the traction control button is located on the dash to the left of the steering column beside the pedal adjust buttons. Hope this helps.

View attachment 7254
I checked and on the 97’s, the only thing on the left side is the “Steering Hi-Lo” slider. They must’ve added the traction button for your year. Thank you so much for the response!! I will keep researching!

wa9zug

I don't think you have an on/off button for your traction control. It is on all the time. It works by sensing if one rear wheel is spinning faster then the other and then pumps the brake to the spinning wheel. If you look at your ABS block that is right under your windshield washer, count how many lines are coming out of it. IIRC three lines is no T/C and four lines is T/C. On my 95 I can get on a snowy hill, stop, and slowly accelerate and you can hear and feel it work.

HTML