1997 Lincoln Town Car limousine's owner manual

LimousinePassion

Hi to everyone,

where can I find a 1997 Lincoln Town Car limousine's owner manual pdf? Otherwise, can anyone share it here?

Thank you very much.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Did Town Cars come from the factory as a limousine? Only asking because I thought they were all converted aftermarket by various conversion companies, which would mean you would need that specific aftermarket companies owners manual (if provided). Just thinking out loud because googling only brings up manuals as I referenced above.

DCamM

The Lincoln Town Car Executive had a limo option:

Livery Package (LPO)​

$360 MSRP
Includes:
Auxiliary Power Steering Oil Cooler
Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler
3.27 Axle Ratio
Upgraded Front Stabilizer Bar
84 Amp Battery
Spare Tire: Conventional
Dual Exhaust

There was also an option typically ordered if the vehicle was going to be stretched.

Limousine Builder's Package (LPO)​

$915 MSRP
Includes:
HD Cooling
HD Shock Absorbers
3.27 Axle Ratio
Tires: P225/75R15 WSW

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
When I think limousine, I think stretched limo....you know, the kind that fits 20 people, has a wet bar, couches, etc.., like this...

These did not come from the factory like this, right?

Trying to get clarification on the OP wanting an owners manual for a stretch limousine or an owners manual for a town car with the limo package....and if there is a difference.....(besides the obvious stretch part and the amenities inside)

Attachments

• da0917-293433_2@2x.jpg
    da0917-293433_2@2x.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

LimousinePassion

Did Town Cars come from the factory as a limousine? Only asking because I thought they were all converted aftermarket by various conversion companies, which would mean you would need that specific aftermarket companies owners manual (if provided). Just thinking out loud because googling only brings up manuals as I referenced above.
Thank you again. It came from the factory.
The Lincoln Town Car Executive had a limo option:

Livery Package (LPO)​

$360 MSRP
Includes:
3.27 Axle Ratio
Upgraded Front Stabilizer Bar
84 Amp Battery
Spare Tire: Conventional
Dual Exhaust

There was also an option typically ordered if the vehicle was going to be stretched.

Limousine Builder's Package (LPO)​

$915 MSRP
Includes:
HD Cooling
HD Shock Absorbers
3.27 Axle Ratio
Tires: P225/75R15 WSW
Thank you very much too. Do you have 1997 limousine's owner manual?

LimousinePassion

However, where can I find its specific tech specs (dimensions, weights, engine characteristics, gearbox/transmission values, etc.)?

LimousinePassion

No Town Car came built stretched from the factory in limousine form. It was farmed out to outfitters like Royale or Accubuilt.
Thank you too. My one is not a stretched version, it was built by factory.

Can you help me to find 1997 Lincoln Town Car limousine's specific tech specs (dimensions, weights, engine characteristics, gearbox/transmission values, etc.) please?

Thank you again :)

Last edited:

All2kool

Portland, OR
Did Town Cars come from the factory as a limousine?

No. FoMoCo optioned cars so that coach builders could stretch them them but you could not buy a limousine from a Lincoln dealer. And there were many coach builders back in the day. Some more known than others. My 1990 Signature Series 60" stretch was a Dillinger-Gaines but as with many builders, they've gone the way of the Dodo.

Last edited:

LimousinePassion

If it's a regular town car with a "limo" package, has not been "stretched", how is the information you request different from a 1997 Town Car owners manual? I'm not trying to be difficult here, but besides the beefed up cooling and suspension systems, nothing else would affect the tech specs.....

Used 1997 Lincoln Town Car Features & Specs | Edmunds
Dimensions, weights, gearbox/transmission values are different.
If the OP is looking for an 'owners manual' so he can understand the added electronics, he's fubar'ed I'm afraid.
Sorry I did not understand "OP" and "fubar'ed".

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Sorry. I can't help you. Perhaps go to a dealer with the VIN and they can pull that info up for you.

OP: Original Poster (you)
Fubar'ed: Extremely bad, certain to fail or be defeated. Fubar is short for F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition:

LimousinePassion

Sorry. I can't help you. Perhaps go to a dealer with the VIN and they can pull that info up for you.

OP: Original Poster (you)
Fubar'ed: Extremely bad, certain to fail or be defeated. Fubar is short for F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition:
Unfortunately, Ford Europe has any relations to Ford US, this is the reason why I am trying to find it on the Net. Moreover, limousines are a strange topic here in Europe, they considered like unicorns.

Overall, thank you for acronym explenations and for your help in general :)

OT:

Is possibile to use private message? I cannot find the option. Thank you again.

Is the car stretched into a limo? Then there usually the outfitter will apply a plaque somewhere on the maybe on of the door jams or under hood.

If it isn't stretched then its a regular Town Car and the regular owners manual would be applicable to whatever it is your looking for. Other then higher geared axle, power steering cooler everything else equipped on the car is literally the same as a regular Town Car

I highly doubt Ford made a specific Limo prep car manual and you'd have to get one from a outfitter which might be possible but given how that many no longer exsist when the car was made it very likely you won't find one.