1994 Lincoln continental DCL issues

G-913365

why would I have intermittent issues with check DCL.... Sometimes it stays on for the full cycle and stays on, other times it just beeps three or four times and goes off.... Check engine light has never come on.. any help appreciated

harringtondl

I have the same intermittent problem with my 94 Continental. It does not occur every time that I drive the car, perhaps about every third time. My display of fuel mileage and remaining trip distance goes out and the "check DCL" appears in the display. It usually lasts about five minutes or so, then all returns to normal. I am working on the problem and I suspect a corroded connector, but I do not yet have any gems of wisdom on a solution. I just wanted to let you know that there are others with the same problem. If I find a solution I will post it. It has not been a major problem over the past five years or so since it started because it has always returned to normal by itself in only a short time.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML