1993 Lincoln Continental Signature - Replacement Speakers and Head Unit

43fan

Hello:

I am looking to replace the speakers and head unit on my 1993 Lincoln Continental. The door speakers don't work much at all; they are quite garbled. I am also hoping to replace the head unit since it is only the cassette player - and the cassette player doesn't work all that well either.

As such, I am looking to keep the existing subwoofer package - and probably leave the rear speakers in place for now, as they sound pretty decent. Would this Scosche wiring harness do the trick in adding a different head unit? For a head unit, does anyone have a recommendation for one? I don't need anything too fancy; as long as it can play CD's, has an Aux unit, powers the speakers enough, and has a simple enough User Interface, that'd be enough for me.

Thank you for your insight,

43fan

bbf2530

Hello:

I am looking to replace the speakers and head unit on my 1993 Lincoln Continental. The door speakers don't work much at all; they are quite garbled. I am also hoping to replace the head unit since it is only the cassette player - and the cassette player doesn't work all that well either.

As such, I am looking to keep the existing subwoofer package - and probably leave the rear speakers in place for now, as they sound pretty decent. Would this Scosche wiring harness do the trick in adding a different head unit? For a head unit, does anyone have a recommendation for one? I don't need anything too fancy; as long as it can play CD's, has an Aux unit, powers the speakers enough, and has a simple enough User Interface, that'd be enough for me.

Thank you for your insight,

43fan
Hi 43fan. I would recommend going to Crutchfield ans using their resources: Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV

Their database, information and customer service are excellent. Especially their customer service. And their prices are very good. Not rock bottom cheap, but still very good. I have used them myself.

You can take a look online or call (I would highly recommend calling)and speak to one of their customer service representatives. At the very least, you can get answers to your questions about the Scosche wiring harness and head unit, then buy somewhere else if you like.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

HTML