1988 Town Car not getting any spark

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

MagmaRedF150

I have a 1988 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 V8 base model with 114,000 miles, I gave the car a tune up, changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, pcv valve, and fuel filter. The car ran a little rough after all of that and suddenly cut out after taking it for a long test drive and died, now there's no spark but the engine still cranks. I changed the coil pack and the ICM afterwards to see if I would get some spark back but had no luck. I'm stumped, when I try to start the car I can smell the gas and everything sounds like it should but there's no spark to turn the car over. The battery is fully charged too. Any ideas on what it could be? Any help is appreciated.

Gramps89TC

I'm no expert but seeing no response yet. Assuming you have already tested for spark at the plugs or lack there of, and double checked all your connections, I would check the ignition coil with a multi meter. Here's a link I found on how to do that properly. How to Test 12 Volt Ignition Coils
Also there are many YouTube videos on the subject of no spark that may be helpful. Bottom line you start at the plugs and work your way back through the ignition system. As a visual,
This is a diagram out of the dealership repair manual i have that shows the entire ignition system for the town car. It's for an 89 but should be similar. I'm thinking it's the coil myself but you won't know unless you test it or have it tested. 20211203_170444.jpg
Hope this helps.