Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

rkrizan

hi everyone I recently replaced my radiator in my 1979 Lincoln continental and when test driving it I lost all forward gears.
Someone told me that I ruined my transmission while someone else told me that if I put the correct fluid in it should be fine.
I'm wondering what kind of fluid go use I've been told type f and Dex 3 so I'm extremely confused please help.

04TC

Tampa, FL
Does the transmission fluid circle through part of the radiator like in the town car? i.e. transmission cooler built into the radiator.?

IIRC the correct fluid for your Car is type F non synthetic

rkrizan

Does the transmission fluid circle through part of the radiator like in the town car? i.e. transmission cooler built into the radiator.?

IIRC the correct fluid for your Car is type F non s
Yes the car has a built in transmission cooler in the radiator and then the fluid goes to an external transmission cooler, since the car is almost 3 tons.
So put type F transmission fluid in and see if that fixes the problem,
thanks so much every shop I have talked to told me that I have ruined the transmission

IIRC the correct fluid for your Car is type F non synthetic