'18 Wind noise from driver/passenger front door

Houston Sparty

I have 2018 Navi Reserve L.

At freeway speed, I noticed that there is wind noise coming thru the door seal.
It is not coming from A-pillar, but flat portion of the door (top area). I put my ear starting from the a-pillar, as I move up thru the door, it is definite from the top flat portion.
Anyone else notice this? Am I just being too critical?

enzodast

I have 2018 Navi Reserve L.

At freeway speed, I noticed that there is wind noise coming thru the door seal.
It is not coming from A-pillar, but flat portion of the door (top area). I put my ear starting from the a-pillar, as I move up thru the door, it is definite from the top flat portion.
Anyone else notice this? Am I just being too critical?
Did you ever solve this? I bought a 16 navigator and can't stand the wind noise. Seems like it comes from all over for me. Open to any ideas on how to fix also

G-277116

Did you ever solve this? I bought a 16 navigator and can't stand the wind noise. Seems like it comes from all over for me. Open to any ideas on how to fix also
No. But will be scheduling service soon with other stuff, such as popping side mirrors. Happens on 18 Navi and expeditions.

dlcorbett

How fast are yall goin when you notice this? Is there a gradual volume increase?

enzodast

I feel like I notice it only at highway speeds. Honestly it just sounds windy as heck all around even from the roof. But I don't feel any air penetrating into the car

kkriskal

I have a 19 Navigator and there is a slight whistling kind of noise at highway speed but not the actual wind noise like I had in my Explorer that I traded in. Not sure if you are talking about the same thing but it is just a slight whistling kind of noise.

robo21

I have a 2015 Navigator Reserve that I purchased almost exactly 2 years ago with about 15,000 miles on the clock. I was in the market for a new Navigator at the time but when I drove this and analyzed the depreciation and the condition of this 2015, it was a "no-brainer." I was, and still am, impressed by the quietness of the cabin at all speeds (0 to 70+ MPH).

I sold my '99 Navigator (bought new in '99 sold in 2017 with 98,000 miles) when I picked this one up and of course, it was nowhere nearly as quiet as this one. That's not to say there are no issues with the '15. For example, with the 2nd-row, side windows open there is a horrible buffeting sound which is beyond annoying, it's almost painful. So I keep the 2nd-row side windows closed. With all the windows closed and the A/C on low speed, the peacefulness in the vehicle is remarkable.

I love the exterior beauty of the new Navigators, you own what I think is the best looking, best driving SUV on the highway, bar none. And with the high MSRP (for Lincoln) you deserve and should accept nothing less than the best highway sound suppression available in an SUV. I feel that Ford/Lincoln had accomplished that level of sound suppression going back at least as far as my 2015 and they are therefore most definitely capable of fixing your issue(s). Knowing now what I know about how quiet the Lincoln Navigator can be I would never, ever accept any of the anomalous noises you and others have described. Especially, given the elevated price points of the new Navigators.

My experience with Lincoln is that they really want to set a new high bar for luxury and customer satisfaction. The more feedback they get, the better will be their products, and the higher will be customer satisfaction. So don't ever feel bashful about asking for a quality product. That is what they are advertising and that's what you should get. Also, that is exactly what your warranty is there for.

If you have any questions or doubts about whether or not you are being too "nitpicky" just take a test drive in at least one other 2019 and compare the sound suppression. Just be sure you keep all the parameters equal, A/C settings, windows all the way up, etc.

Another suggestion would be to purchase an automotive stethoscope kit (LINK TO KIT) Most stethoscope kits include a cone-like attachment which can be used to precisely locate the source of sounds. This could be very useful information for the service department attempting to isolate and repair the sounds you are hearing. Granted, it is their job to locate the sounds, but I have found in the past that the more info I can give the techs the better the results I can expect.

kkriskal

robo21, your Nav looks beautiful, it is amazing how you have kept it looking brand new

HTML