lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: First week with my Continental
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Fan View Post
    I bet you do...and maybe a little trapped when it's not! Hehe
    Yes, big time.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    On a little trip Saturday I tried out some other gauge settings. The speedometer setting gives digital speedometer but moves distance to empty from the gas gauge to the left display, and eliminates the other gauges, so I did not use that setting. The Speedometer with fuel management setting in the gauges options has the current fuel economy in left of screen and a digital speedometer in the center and the analogue speedometer in its normal space but just the current speed segment. The distance to empty moved back to the fuel gauge position that I like. The right display can be anything in the fuel trip and distance menu. The digital speedometer shows a gold coloured display which disappears when cruise control is selected to allow for the image of a car in front (if in range). So all the other instruments (tach, temp and boost) are no longer visible. I am still using that setup for the time being.

I have used the current fuel economy gauge before but not for long. On this trip I got to see how the fuel economy changed in different conditions. Of particular interest is the lower fuel usage when following a car at a safe distance imposed by the Adaptive speed control. The fuel usage gauge usually points at the 7.5 liters per 100 kilometer division and when a car is in front and the car image displays the gauge registers well below that mark. So slip streaming works even at a safe distance.

Fuel economy for this trip was 7.3 liters per 100 kilometers and the average for 2,650 kilometers since buying the car is 10.5 liters per 100 kilometers. It was registering over 20 liters per 100 kilometers when I bought it. So the Eco-Boost does give you excellent performance and outstanding fuel economy when you want, but perhaps not at the same time. When i purchased the car it had over 20 liters per 100 kilometers showing in the trip 2 display with just 12 kilometers short of the total distance travelled on the car.

My car has not used any oil in the 2,650 kilometers so far.