lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Intermittent Suspension Squeak over dips in the road heard with windows down.
    Dchudowsky is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 MKZ fwd EcoBoost

Intermittent Suspension Squeak over dips in the road heard with windows down.

Remove this ad
    I have a 2014 MKZ with the 2.0 engine and front wheel drive. Since I bought this car, I have had an annoying high pitched "squeak" over some road surfaces. It's only heard with a window down or cracked or the sunroof open. It's very quick and the dealer can never hear it. It happens on dips in the road and certain types of breaks in the pavement. But it's not necessarily pot holes or bumps that cause it. Situations where the body flexes or random little bumps make it squeak. I have had the entire bottom of the car lubricated and re lubricated. Nothing seems to fix this. It seems to get worse during certain humidity levels. Does anyone else encounter this? PLEASE HELP!!

It is disappointing that with over 1000 views, not one person has any ideas or suggestions on this. I thought the idea of this forum was to discuss and throw out ideas and possible causes.

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    My wife purchased a new 2014 MKZH which I do not like. She loves that car and plans to purchase a 2018 model of it. The one thing that I will say, it has no problems at all in 34,000 miles. One month after purchase, Lincoln announced the EPA MPG issue--I felt they should have taken the car back with full refund due to their false statements--that was my thinking. I do all the oil changes and tire rotations which are a P.I.A. due to the unibody and under car wind covers. The suspension is sent on SPORT and handles ok for what it is. The car has no squeaks like yours--check that wind cover under the engine. ARE you the original owner? Was this MKZ involved in any accidents? I'm thinking if an Insurance company approved shop did the repair, that could be your problem. My wife get hit in the R/R quarter, the approved shop stated repair under $3K and wouldn't explain how it would be fixed. I had a Dealer--who we had experience with do the repair--ended up costing the other driver/insurance $10,000. The factory tires are still great = no unrepaired unibody damage. Hope you find the squeak issue!

Remove this ad
    Thank you.

This is an amazing car, my favorite ever. It performs great, looks great, rides great, gets stares everywhere I go and the Lincoln Service is amazing. Mine is Tuxedo Black with the 19" chrome wheels. It's a "looker". Only issue is the squeak.

it has something to do with the brakes. as soon as the squeak starts over rough pavement, if i just ever so lightly touch the brake pedal, it goes away. You would think someone could figure this out. It's a shame, because the squeak ruins the driving experience. Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate it.