lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Need Help With Suspension

Need Help With Suspension

Remove this ad
    I am new to this thread and forum so please forgive me if I am in the wrong thread and direct me to the correct one.
    I have a 2004 Navi wi 140K miles. Got tired of dumping money into the air suspension and replaced it with shocks and springs.
    Then the message center started sending Check Air Suspension messages. I complained to the dealer about that since there was no system to check and I didn't like constantly resetting the warning.
    The dealer disconnected a module and the message went away, but now the vehicle is hard to maneuver when parking. It is like the power steering is not functioning at full force at low speed and tight turns.
    Any suggestions appreciated..

Hi Bob. Which brand did you use for the aftermarket suspension?
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

hard steering with conventional suspension vs air suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Hi Bob. Which brand did you use for the aftermarket suspension?
    I do not know what brand was used. I had a Ford dealer do it so I would assume he used what ever they would have used on an Expedition.
    I had the Ford dealer do it because the Lincoln dealer kept pretending to repair it and spending my money with no results and then wanted 1.5 X to replace the air with conventional suspension vs the Ford dealer ... still need ideas on how to get the power back in to the steering at parking speeds.

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Remove this ad
    Hi Bob: Here's your problem: "The dealer disconnected a module" What module and what else does it control? I would return to them to have their error corrected.